Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology: Introducing Tabor and the A1222  (Read 6286 times)

Description:

Offline LiveForIt

Re: A-EON Technology: Introducing Tabor and the A1222
« on: November 03, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »
@rednova

-moviesetter

I don't think so, but database over compatible software is lacking.

-disney animation studio

I don't think so, but database over compatible software is lacking.

http://intuitionbase.com/ossoftware.php?category=2&letter=d

My guess is that it will hard to get it working, from time to time you find a gem that works, but most often you end up with UAE, as fallback.

If only the source code was available.

-aladdin 4d

I think A-EON, has that source code, don't know who is working on it or when it going to done.

-deluxe paint 4

With a lot hacks and tricks, you can get Deluxe Paint working somehow.
You are better off using PPaint that has native AmigaOS4 version.
Or if your desperate you can run it in UAE, this might be better way.

-brilliance

No

-Amos professional

There was project called XAMOS, to make AMOS for NG Systems, sadly the developer who worked on XAMOS died unexpected. I don't know if the source code is available or not.

I started on similar project many years ago; the source is a poor state, the project sort of died because I was really just interested in getting one of old program working. So I started re implementing AMOS, but as work progressed, it did not make sense to emulate AMOS, nor did it make sense to write my program in the same way as I did back then. So the AMOS idea was abandoned, as well, as original idea to port the program as it was.

One obvious issue I run into, is that does not make sense to emulate AGA on RTG system, at cost of lower resolutions, colors, and speed. And it did not make sense to make modern AMOS, that was not compatible. I guess that is way it died, as well as fact; it was never the end goal.

Anyway if the idea is make makes it easier to make games by using some simple commands, then there is SDL and Allegro. That do provided commands that easy to program to make games.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:36:17 PM by LiveForIt »