Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New 68k Duke Nukem Project (AGA/RTG)  (Read 5529 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: New 68k Duke Nukem Project (AGA/RTG)
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:46:53 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;761221
Thanx :)

You still have not answered the question if you are porting exult to exult aga yet?

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: New 68k Duke Nukem Project (AGA/RTG)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:11:56 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;761227
Yep I already have ported it ages ago, it's on my HD at home ;)

I can't release it yet, way too buggy and slow.    Hopefully I'll get the time to fix it up and release it one day.

That is good to hear :) I have one final question to ask you however. You said all these ports require a 060 @ 80 Mhz at least with AGA and PAL only. I have an A4000D myself with a 040 @ 25 Mhz...can I just use RTG card instead and be able to run all your ports easily?

One final question. Is it cheaper to use an RTG card over buying an accelerator card that is 060 @ 80 Mhz and would the performance be the same if I use an RTG card on a 040 @ 25 verses a 060 @ 80 Mhz on AGA?

AH! Yes one final question. I have a lots of Amiga games and AmiBlitz3 and all that require AGA only.....can I play a game trick...where I buy a TV card, install an RTG card...hook the RGB port from AGA into the TV card in my Amiga 4000D and install the VGA cable from the RTG card into the monitor and thus allows me to play AGA games and use RTG features into a normal monitor?

I thought someone did that before but I just want to confirm it.