Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will the Amiga ever regain it's footing in games?  (Read 7763 times)

Description:

Offline Marky_D_Sahd

• Show all replies
Re: Will the Amiga ever regain it's footing in games?
« on: December 03, 2002, 01:25:51 AM »
Hmm.  It seems to me that ClickBoom were advertising that they held the rights (or licences) to the Cinemaware catalog.  You know, the Amiga game people.

Who are you guys?  I don't think I know you!
Back in the Wayback Time, there were a lot of big name, professional game companies like Sega and Midway producing games for consoles.  But that's not where Amiga games came from.

Amiga games came from the same place as the demo scene.  People found that the Amiga was easy to code for and began to do it.  Yes, games are harder today.  Yes, we have tools to make it easier today (Although some of the old "Put-em-together-youself-all-inclusive game bunles were fun).  Remember Vulcan?  Two Amiga zealots.  How 'bout Bitmap Bros. and Team 17?  All these guys started on Amiga and created smashing games for it in their basements, so to speak.  And DON'T forget ClickBoom.  They haven't always been the most stable guys, but they make good games.  Oh, and Hyperion, porting over really cool stuff and making it run better!  
Amigas have always been about little guys making it work.  If it still is, Amiga will regain it's game footing, and will thrive, in time.  If not, then it doesn't matter.  Amigas won't be around that long.
Now featuring new and improved G4 AmigaOne, with Mozilla!

Offline Marky_D_Sahd

• Show all replies
Re: Will the Amiga ever regain it
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 03:55:40 AM »
KingTutt:

WOW!  I like registered right now!  And there's a place at the bottom to register as an Amiga owner!!
Everyone here should register (once) and let 'em know we're interested!
Now featuring new and improved G4 AmigaOne, with Mozilla!