Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Amiga UNIX thingie: AmixBP  (Read 2808 times)

Description:

Offline FailureTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Failure
    • http://awhitlock.net/
New Amiga UNIX thingie: AmixBP
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:02:37 AM »
I don't know what has lit the fire underneath me lately, but I've been dedicating a lot of time to refreshing the Amiga UNIX stuff I worked on in the past.  One product of that is a new project that is releasing files as of today:  AmixBP.  The short version is I'm trying to make the installation of third-party AMIX software a bit more user friendly and less invasive to the system.  As if that really matters with the OS installer checking people at the gate.  :-)

This isn't some world changing thing with so few users out there, but it amuses me.  :-D  If you're still playing with AMIX maybe this will make it better, although for now there's only a few packages built.  It's slow going compiling on the A3000.

amixbp.sourceforge.net

I've also attacked the wiki a bit.  For example I think I have name lookups fully working now.  Maybe.
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP

Offline Matt_H

Re: New Amiga UNIX thingie: AmixBP
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 05:54:12 AM »
Neat. My AMIX machine's a bit idle right now since I can't get the 2.1 patch installed on the hack-method system. I don't suppose you've had any luck on that front?

Also sent you a PM on a semi-related matter.

Offline FailureTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Failure
    • http://awhitlock.net/
Re: New Amiga UNIX thingie: AmixBP
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
No, no firm idea why the patch fails.  I think it's due to checking for the kernel config package, which isn't there, so it won't patch the kernel even though everything you need is present.  I wish I had another A3000 to troubleshoot it.  

Can you remind me what happens if you do pkginfo on your system?
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP