Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whitney Houston Dead @ 48.  (Read 4491 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Whitney Houston Dead @ 48.
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 13, 2012, 05:35:15 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;680310
Saddening news, 48 is no age.

I could have sworn I moved this thread to CH/Entertainment earlier. I'm not entirely sure this is the correct forum for it. I had assumed Transition had posted it in the wrong forum by accident. Now that he's moved it back again and left a redirect, it's pretty obvious he wants it here.

Must be a big fan, I guess.

This being an Amiga forum, I agree with your moving it and disagree with Transition moving it back.  Sad news when anyone dies, but hardly front page Amiga news item.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline hooligan

• Show only replies by hooligan
    • http://www.mikseri.net/hooligan
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 05:43:23 AM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;680327
I assure you my tolerance of chilies is legendary.

As for Whitney, yeah, tragic waste but that's what crack does to people. Very typical record company behavior too, all too willing to make a killing but they don't look after the golden goose.

Well, I guess they can always find another star.

The label will make best of it, be sure of that. First 1-2 albums of unreleased material and then the Best of and Very best of-collections. Add to that all of these will also comes as collectors edition costing twice more. Add to that old releases start selling like bananas for monkeys... money just started rolling in baby :)

Offline Tension

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »
Quote from: hooligan;680341
The label will make best of it, be sure of that. First 1-2 albums of unreleased material and then the Best of and Very best of-collections. Add to that all of these will also comes as collectors edition costing twice more. Add to that old releases start selling like bananas for monkeys... money just started rolling in baby :)

Death is one of the best career moves an artist can make.

Offline Tension

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
A lot of you may not know this but Whitney Houston was avid Amiga user. All the way from the mid 1980s until her death. One of the reasons Bobby Brown was so abusive was because he felt Whitney loved her Amiga more than she loved him. In fact there are rumours going about that the last email Whitney ever sent was from an Amiga 4000T running YAM on OS 3.5. I was watching an old interviews with Whitney from the late 1980s today and in one she said that she often felt that if it weren't for the Amiga she would not have been enough motivated to express herself through her music. She also said that she planned to have one song on each of her albums honoring the Amiga. Whether she followed through with this I do not know but the world has lost a truly great Amigan.*

Offline ChrisUnionNJ

• Show only replies by ChrisUnionNJ
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 03:18:35 PM »
Quote from: MobbyG;680265
I'm betting, all the fallout from this is going to land on Bobby Brown. The stories we didn't hear, about the drugs and such will be coming out. While he can't be held responsible for her death, the public will blame him for the path he set her on. The microwave will be working overtime making popcorn.

No one puts you on a path you pick it...:laughing:

:rtfm:
Vic-20 x3 C64 x2,128D,C128 Flat Deck,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple][e,Apple][GS,3 Apple][c\'s,Amiga Forever,C64 Forever:rofl:

Offline hooligan

• Show only replies by hooligan
    • http://www.mikseri.net/hooligan
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen.. the snowball has started rolling.

albums price boost