Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone got the archives of Finale Dev / Phantom Dev apps?  (Read 1319 times)

Description:

Offline NinjaCyborgTopic starter

Anyone got the archives of Finale Dev / Phantom Dev apps?
« on: March 17, 2021, 08:56:16 AM »
Back in the 90s, Finale Developments and it's associated company Phantom Developments produced the ClassAct set of BOOPSI classes that became Reaction. They also produced a number of apps including Voodoo the emailer, New York the NNTP client and Digital Quill the text editor. They were also working on a web browser and java implementation that never shipped although apparently they demoed it at some shows and had a working html.gadget (based on 90s standards of course).

Unfortunately it seems to be really hard to find this software - although the finale dev website is amazingly still running, the downloads all link to an ftp that isn't, and that isn't on archive.org either

I also remember that even in the 90s, the new york demo file was corrupted or 0 bytes or something on the FTP and they never answered their email asking them to fix it.

Digital Quill can be found on aminet in demo form http://aminet.net/text/edit/QuillDemo.lha but voodoo and new york are missing - voodoo is not the same voodoo as the VoodooX unarchiver nor is it the 3D graphics card.

has anyone still got these archived somewhere? At least the demo versions if not unlocked versions?

I was once in touch with one of the developers Osma Ahvenlampi but he has long since lost all his Amiga code. I don't know how to contact Chris Aldi though I assume he is still alive since he sold the reaction code rights to hyperion a few years ago.

Re: Anyone got the archives of Finale Dev / Phantom Dev apps?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 04:03:25 PM »
Got them on the zone at EAB thanks

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 04:38:49 PM »
I did use Voodoo and New York back in the day... and I have at least full version of New York 2.04 stored, but probably newer ones from both if I dig better... but you already got what you need?
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 04:42:18 PM »
I just got the demos. If you have the full versions even better!

Offline pVC

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 06:12:42 PM »
I'm busy today and tomorrow, but I'll try to dig them out for the weekend.
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.