Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need resource.library  (Read 1449 times)

Description:

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
Re: Need resource.library
« on: December 03, 2003, 02:25:33 AM »
Copy protections?  I never heard of that.  Here's a note from the OS3.9 FAQ.

http://www.gregdonner.org/os39faq/installtips.html#20

On bootup, I get the following error message: "Cannot open resource.library, version 44, unable to load AmiDock". I have the correct version of resource.library installed, and AmiDock exists in SYS:WBStartup. Why does this appear, and how do I eliminate this error?

A: In many cases the problem message you received did not accurately reflect a missing or even damaged library, but rather the absence of a "#?.gadget" file that the resource.library function depends on. Check the SYS:Classes/Gadgets/ directory on your system partition and the OS3.9 directory of the install CD-ROM and manually copy any missing #?.gadget files. Ensure that all the #?.gadget files are the latest versions (do this by checking the latest Boing Bag first, then the OS 3.9 CD-ROM).

[Mike Wilson/Cor Kriekaart]

Another cause for this message may be a corrupt or incorrectly installed 68040.library and/or 68060.library file. Make sure that you're using the correct--and valid--680x0.libraries. Such a corrupt file may work under OS 3.1, but will fail in OS 3.9.

[Rob Pleak]

Note that UnixDirs3 has the ability to redirect '/' to be the same as ':'; the root of the drive. This causes many poorly written installers to fail that rely on '/' to be 'parent directory'.

[Shawn Holwegner]

Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(