Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion announce 12" Netbook running AmigaOS - due end of Q1/2012  (Read 21429 times)

Description:

Offline billt

• Show all replies
    • http://www.billtoner.net
Quote from: Darrin;664947
I don't see the attraction of an underpowered machine with a screen you need to squint at.  I'll stick to the AmigaOne X1000/500 until they bring out a proper laptop with an energy guzzling CPU that drains the battery in less than 2 hours, a minimum 17" display and a full keyboard (just like my PC laptop).

Nope. 17inch is too big. The correct answer is 15inch. Which do have full numberic keypad keyboards now. That's what I want. But in the interest of getting anything OS4 into a portable and thus usable at all form, I will absolutely buy the netbook, even though I agree with your other comments about squinty eyes and low performance. For me, being able to use AmigaOS at all is trumping my desire for performance when doing it. If they come out with a high-end laptop as well, well I'll just have to buy one of those too. (Yea, I basically want a portable workstation that can run on battery for a few hours)
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!