Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga-based software presented at Nordental 2009  (Read 4859 times)

Description:

Offline stefcep2

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga-based software presented at Nordental 2009
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
My brother happens to be a dentist and I set up an A1200 with 8 meg ram card and a 40 gig hard drive to run a scala presentations on an 80 cm CRT in his waiting room.  We wanted to use a touch screen, but we couldn't find anyone selling them at the time.

I taught him to use it, and he was inputting scans of photo's from a Umax scanner flat bed over squirrell PCMCIA scsi into his rolling presentations..  We used a prograbRT frame grabber via PCMCIA to grab video (small, B and W) as well. It was by far the cheapest way and most reliable way to do this at the time

It ran from about 2000 to about 2007, when he decided to take an extended leave from his profession.

He has recently set up a new surgery, and is looking around at the "digital signage" solutions out there eg Scala.  But it costs a bomb, to install, and maintain.  He's asked me if we can get scala MM400 to run on a 16:9 32" LCD.  Not sure if we can, have looked at getting an indivision to do this but not sure how scala runs through it especially as scala hits the hardware pretty hard.  We intend running it with an 68060 and 32 meg ram.

Not sure what it is with dentists and amiga
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:32:20 PM by stefcep2 »