Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga org changing ?  (Read 2193 times)

Description:

Offline GadgetMasterTopic starter

• Show all replies
Amiga org changing ?
« on: August 12, 2003, 04:21:35 AM »
Maybe some people are scared to let their feelings be known.

I for one am not.

Others seem to fail where Wayne excelled.

IMHO this site has decreased in quality.

http://amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44672

Lets just ban everyone that has a differing opinion shall we.

there has to be give and take where criticism is involved.

I am a long time member and I would not like to see the site go downhill.

My constructive criticism is that I think wrong decisions are being made and personal bias is getting in the way of objectivity.

Who cares if you hate Amiga inc and co. Who cares if you don't like Bill M. I would rather not hear about it in a news article.

In a comment maybe (I dont have to read comments) but in news it just sounds childish and unprofessional

If you can't listen to the members of this site and react then I don't think you should be making such decision as banning people.

The "I will do whatever I like because I can" attitude will just drive people away. I think you are doing exactly what you are accusing the guy who the "news article is about" of doing. If your intentions are really to keep the community together you are surely going the wrong way about it. All you managed to stir up was a flame war.

The members of this site have a right to a voice aswell.

Want to test the water? Then why not set up the following poll:

Do you think that news article was appropriate for Amiga org.
......................Yes
......................No

People need to look back at the darned fine way Wayne ran this site and pick up a few valuable lessons.

[EDIT]

I see some change has been made to the way the item was reported.

I take back some of my words because you did listen to the members in the end but I still think there was not enough reason to ban someone

[/EDIT]

Offline GadgetMasterTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga org changing ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 04:44:23 AM »
Before anyone else replies I may as well add that my post turned out a bit stronger than I intended.

I shall tone it down.

As a side note please be aware that I have nothing against MorphOS or the Pegasos. All  I would like to see is some mutual respect betweem both parties at least at the community level.