Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi !  (Read 4522 times)

Description:

Offline NimosXTopic starter

• Show all replies
Hi !
« on: February 24, 2004, 01:29:11 AM »
My name is nimos, and i am 27 years old.

My first computer was a C-64, a gift from my parents back at 1986, my 2nd computer bought by me around 1989-1990, was an Amiga500 which i sold it 4 years later so i could afford the Amiga 1200 which was bought 5 days later... :)
Unfortunately i left the amiga scene at 1996 when i got a (384DX2) pc.

I moved to a new house last week, and while i was packing my stuff i came across my old Amiga 1200... when i saw it after all those years i fell in a huge nostalgic shock !!!!

Last Friday i decided to check if it still is in a working state, it appeared functional but the commodore monitor was dead :(

So here i am today with a monitorless desktop Amiga 1200, not having a clue what to do with it and hoping you guys could help me.

I've been away for 8 years so please bare my newbie questions that will follow :)

Thank you

NimosX

Offline NimosXTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Hi !
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 11:07:00 PM »
Hello again !

Well unfortunately it didn't came with a video converter, so i tried it on my tv set, and one "Oh my God, it still works !" was heard from miles away :)
Seriously i almost cried, especially when i tried my old games (which i wisely kept)... i mean gaming was so much fun then ! Imo games today lack something, a 'soul' perhaps ?
Anyways my pc monitor is a Sony Multiscan E200, and i'd love to connect it to my old amiga (and still play those old aga gems if that's possible)

I am willing to spend some money and time to transform my amiga 1200 and make it usable again... i mean can i run the latest 3.9 os (3.1 currently installed)? Can i connect it to my dsl line and surf the net, check my emails or read some newsgroups... i'd like to try simple stuff like that, and i really have no idea on where to begin :)

And finally how is the Amiga community doing these days ?

Nimos