Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)  (Read 10245 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
@ Spidey

My feelings are, if someone posts something "real" without assumptions, not making off-topic comments etc., people will have "fun" reading it.

I think when OS4 is out for public, these fights will be less than at this moment.

Exactly. I think that whenever Eyetech succeds in bringing the A1 to the market, and Hyperion is ready with their OS4, the situation will become much better. Then the speculations (based on uncertainty) will go away  along with the frustration a lot of people feels about having only promises and announced specifications to discuss. I am sure that things will calm down eventually. I guess we'll see in just another two weeks!  :-P
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
Re: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 02:14:08 PM »

Wayne wrote:

Two, Fleecy would use that as yet another reason to threaten the existence of this site with "we intend  to pull your domain"

Who was here first, You or AmigaInc?

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 02:18:11 PM »

mips_proc wrote:
well that's not ideal now is it...

It's sad and it's stupid!  :-x  :-(

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 02:22:23 PM »

Wayne wrote:
@takemehomegrandma

We were here before even Escom.

That must count for something. I don't think it will be possible for them to just clap their hands and have someone to pull the plug.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 10:19:22 AM »

gary_c wrote:
HMetal wrote:
"The plan" I was referring to was the blatant advertisting and propaganda (or hijacking if you will) that certain individuals like to use all over topics where it is not only unsolicited but just plain ignorant (to the poster).

I don't agree with your assessment. Let's say someone posts a yes/no question about product A. There are two possible responses: 1) No, or 2) No, but product B, yes. Which of these is more informative?

Gary_c, of course you are right. In a healthy discussion you should be able to discuss anything and everything, from a lot of different angles. Grown ups usually can handle different oppinnions and can find arguments to discuss *their* point of view, instead of just censor away the differences.

The problem with product "A" is that there is not much to discuss. Nobody have seen it. Nobody have experiances from it. It has a lot of frustration connected to it because of constant delays and lack of info.

With product "B" on the other hand (or should we say product "M" ;-) (OH NO, he did it again! The thread is hijacked, the thread is hijacked. Quick hurry to the lifeboats. Women and children first. Lets go to amigaworld.net)) it's the other way around. There is lots to discuss. News is coming in regularly, and more important, new products such as games and applications.

That is the root to this "problem" IMO (I wouldn't even call it a problem really). Some people tends to see only the symptoms but not the root itself. But I'm sure the situation will change once there will be more about the "A" to discuss. The real problem is rather some mono-minded individuals who can not tolerate discussions outside their own narrow views.

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 02:59:20 PM »

mips_proc wrote:
basically what your saying is...the people screaming conspiracy and such are actually just angry or delusional about Pegasos/MorphOS news actually existing?

now that *couldnt possibly* believe....

I´m not sure what you mean there ...

Anyway, my point is that some people seems to be very angry with the fact that a lot of threads and posts is about Pegasos/MorphOS and very few about A1/OS4. That is not because of "evil moderation" or "conspiracys". It´s because of the scew news flow and lack of products on the "A" side. No need for separate forums. No need for new websites that censor away everything but a narrow vision from a certain company. What's needed is more news and (most of all) actual products on the A1/OS4 side to get things more balanced. What's needed is a more open minded attitude from some individuals towards different oppinions. Individuals that puts up some arguments of their own to get the discussion going instead of just moan and cry "hijack hijack". BTW, Gary_c's post about this "hijacking" issue is very good and nicely written (as the posts from him always are :-)). I would like to second to his view of things in that matter.

• Show all replies
Re: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2003, 09:57:12 PM »

T_Bone wrote:

I'm saying a trademark and an address are two different things ...

There are lots of examples of completely different companies that share some common parts of their regeistered company names. Add trademarks to that. Add worldwide to that. Every single one could make claims for a dotcom address with that common part of the name, and all claims would be valid. But addresses and corporate names/trademarks are (as you say) two different things. *Who is first wins*.

Seeing as how Amiga Inc, already operate on Amiga dotcom, saying the Org (which is intended for organizations, not businesses) confuses the trademark is weak.

Absolutely! Especially since it's a community domain and the community was here *long* before the current AmigaInc.

Amiga claiming BAD FAITH?, oh man, I could have a FIELD day   :-D

:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D