Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What does 'Profile [2]' mean?  (Read 3315 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981Topic starter

What does 'Profile [2]' mean?
« on: November 01, 2019, 06:59:14 PM »
As per thread title. I have no idea what that means. I know my profile is in there and settings, but what does [2] mean? I don't have two profiles so that's not it. I'm stumped. Help an idiot, tell me what it means or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: What does 'Profile [2]' mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:06:08 PM »
Two strikes? ;D

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 12:07:10 AM »
It's something to do with minor notifications, like someone using the "Like" or "Thanks" feature on one of your posts. The UI to find out what they are specifically is not obvious, though. I had some at one point and cleared them by digging through my profile. Didn't need to change anything, just browse. Eventually they went away but I can't remember what page I browsed to that got rid of them!

The following users thanked this post: paul1981

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »
I think when you click on the little arrow next to profile, it shows the number in mentions, aka quotes and so.

Offline paul1981Topic starter

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 10:11:13 PM »
It's something to do with minor notifications, like someone using the "Like" or "Thanks" feature on one of your posts. The UI to find out what they are specifically is not obvious, though. I had some at one point and cleared them by digging through my profile. Didn't need to change anything, just browse. Eventually they went away but I can't remember what page I browsed to that got rid of them!

You're right, it was in the Likes/Mentions section. I clicked on Mentions and had a look at the one at the top of the list and that seemed to get rid of the [2]. Excellent! Thank you Matt.  :)