Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 1000 to a Good Home  (Read 3237 times)

Description:

Offline blindguy

Re: Amiga 1000 to a Good Home
« on: August 06, 2019, 05:22:28 AM »
dupe - not sure how to delete
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:24:24 AM by blindguy »

Offline blindguy

Re: Amiga 1000 to a Good Home
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:22:47 AM »
I am reposting something from 2 years ago. To those who responded back then, my apologies for dropping the ball. I am firmly committed to following through at this time. As I mentioned, I still live in Boulder, CO and would prefer to give it to an Amiga lover in the area, but am willing to ship if you are willing to pick up the cost

I just set up my Amiga 1000 which has been languishing in the garage for about 25 years. Sad to say it would not boot. Just click, click, click. The monitor is fine. Also have an external 1010 drive, also kaput. Have all the original disks as well as some other programs (Final Copy II, Deluxe Paint, Deluxe Video, One -on-One, The Music Studio, Video Vegas, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). I have the original Amiga boxes as well. I am in Boulder, CO. If there's an Amiga lover in the area, I'm happy to give it away for free. If there's nobody local, I'd be willing to ship it, if you can pick up the cost. I have one request. I have about 40 floppys that have screenplays, journals, various other things I wrote (mostly using either Textcraft or Final Copy). I'm wondering if it would be possible, as an exchange, to convert those files into something readable on a PC, using either Word or Google docs. I have no idea if it's possible or how time consuming it would be, but if you're interested in that as an exchange let me know. One interesting anecdote about this Amiga. I purchased it in 1986 at a small shop in Grenada Hills, CA. The owner claimed that his shop was the first in CA to receive the Amiga and that I was the first to buy it, so it's possible that this is the first Amiga 1000 ever sold in CA. At least that's how I remember it :).
Hello, I am a Amiga fan down in Phoenix and I would love to give it a new home.

I would be more than willing to convert the disks to ADF files and then export hem howeever you like or you could then access them via a Windows Amiga emulator.
Let me know, am VERY interested, I have never had a Amiga 1000 and would like to give it a home for the next 10-20 years!
Modify message