Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Several PPC cards on Amibench  (Read 33272 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Several PPC cards on Amibench
« on: March 03, 2004, 08:42:05 PM »
If I get scammed again I'll probably stick to eBay from now on, and pay premium prices, but have better security and assurance that the seller is legit. I know, eBay is not 100% safe either, but much safer than Amibench and private sales, that's for sure.

Honestly, I'd say eBay is as bad, or worse.  I got scammed out on after I paid for a Toaster/Flyer on eBay about 5 months ago.  :-(  I even bought the stupid PayPal insurance(!!)  They ruled that it was totally the sellers fault, and kicked out the seller, but collected me $0.00 of my original money.  Glad I paid extra for that insurance.  Big help.  And people wonder why I don't use PayPal anymore.  :-P

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 04:44:46 PM »
Notice that.. u know first time buyer on net =).. he didnt want me to send on pay pal =) but i regret that now i the ending..

PayPal is no better, my friend.  I was out a few hundred bucks after a similiar situation with a Mr. R. Waters (Who people still swear used to be a good vendor, too.)  In my case, PayPal even ruled in my favor.  Said that indeed, I was frauded.  Said they were unable to collect any money in return for me, though, so I was screwed.  Gee, thanks.  Glad I had them on the case.  Duh....

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 07:56:57 PM »
Hmmm...it seems that Binder was playing dumb in your conversation. His adress, e-mail address, name, etc. make him the perfect match. All that info is essentially the same in the PayPal account and Lemmink's newsletter, so it's 100% got to be him. It's impossible for someone to register a PayPal account and fake the address/banking info in it, and still be able to withdraw the money from the online credit amount. He is a liar.

Huh?  This doesn't prove anything.  Of course you can withdraw money from a 100% fake account.  It goes like such...

1) make fake account with any details you like. (in this case, make it look like Bernd)

2) recieve payments into fake account.  (These payments stay as "PayPal Dollars")

3) fraudster transfers PayPal dollars from fake account to his real PayPal account, citing a phony transaction.

4) fraudster withdraws money from the real account.  

5) fake account gets locked and removed as fraud.  

6) innocent buyer gets NO money back, even though clearly frauded, while the fraudster's real account keeps the money.

Trust me -- I've had this played against me.  Why do you think I speak so badly of PayPal all the time??