Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Several PPC cards on Amibench  (Read 33695 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
Re: Several PPC cards on Amibench
« Reply #644 from previous page: May 25, 2004, 07:28:29 PM »
I agree with preacher. These receipts could be phony (they most likely are) and the tracking numbers on them do not provide any useful info at all. I mean the receipts may be genuine, but they do not provide enough proof that they represent OUR packages and not some misc. stuff (previously delivered to someone else, and unrelated to our problem here) which Binder is trying to use to deceive us even further.

The fact that preacher's tracking indicated that the package was shipped to an entirely different country gives you a good enough reason, IMHO, that this is a scam. I mean how likely is it that postal office sent a package to an entirely different country, by mistake?

Offline preacher

• Show only replies by preacher
« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2004, 07:36:33 PM »
I mean how likely is it that postal office sent a package to an interely different country, by mistake?

@x56h34
Funny you mention this. I actually asked the guy at Deutche Post that and he told me that's impossible. Of course, packages can get lost and so on, but they will never be delivered if the address don't match.
Kill, kill, kill - For inner peace and mental health!

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #646 on: May 25, 2004, 07:59:14 PM »
@Flowman

I still haven't received anything either...(Portugal here).
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #647 on: May 25, 2004, 10:07:27 PM »
Everybody else has posted in here, i guess i might as well get one in too.

:-)

Offline JaXanim

• Show only replies by JaXanim
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide/home.html
« Reply #648 on: May 25, 2004, 10:24:04 PM »
@All concerned

I don't think it helps much for people to post here just for the sake of it. We aren't all gonna go away after all. This thread will keep getting bumped up by helpful comment till the Fat Postman sings - however long that may take.

@girv73
@koaftder

Are you both victims of this scam or what? If so, you have both appeared very late in the day!

JaX
Be inspired! It\\\'s back!

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #649 on: May 26, 2004, 08:38:15 AM »

JaXanim wrote:
@All concerned

I don't think it helps much for people to post here just for the sake of it. We aren't all gonna go away after all. This thread will keep getting bumped up by helpful comment till the Fat Postman sings - however long that may take.

@girv73
@koaftder

Are you both victims of this scam or what? If so, you have both appeared very late in the day!

JaX

girv is, koaftder just posted here because everyone else has

Offline NightShade737

• Show only replies by NightShade737
    • http://atomnet.co.uk
« Reply #650 on: May 26, 2004, 09:26:41 AM »
Kind of pointless.
Can people stop bumping the thread unncecessacarily, it makes people think something has actually happened. When people have news they will post it, it isn't like they are just going to forget about the thread.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #651 on: May 26, 2004, 03:42:13 PM »
It's getting weirder. I finally received the Ebay auction I won off of kralle900; I received a package with the sender being Bernd Binder on the label. In it I found 2 two euro coins, a 'Print Studio Pro' CD-ROM and a letter where he explained that he didn't have the 'Personal Paint' CD anymore (which the auction was about). He had multiple copies and thinks he sold one too many (perhaps, he wasn't sure (?)).

It seems, while he may be a bit untidy and absent-minded, he is an honest and friendly person(s?).

The package was sent the 24th of May. Underneath the addresslabel bearing my address was another label where the addressee was Bernd Binder. Sent to the same address which he put on my label as senderaddress. The postal stamp says 'Briefzentrum 72' and '24-05-04'.

The address is BTW the same as the one preacher posted on page 13 of this thread. It looks like he isn't using a phoney address after all.

Mind you the amount of money involved in this particular transaction is negligable when compared to the #?PPC#? cards.

Offline Flowman

• Show only replies by Flowman
« Reply #652 on: May 26, 2004, 04:21:21 PM »
Fun thing i just checked my mail i never read.. and guess what i found it it from mars 25.. my parcel tracking nr.. =) fun now i need to call tomorrow and check it out.
A1200.. More info on the project soon.

Offline x56h34

« Reply #653 on: May 26, 2004, 07:42:34 PM »
@odin:

And this officially makes me totally confused. :-?

At this point, it kind of seems possible that he was late on sending our cards, plus he used surface mail which takes months to get delivered, but I am still 90% in "I got scammed!" mode. :-(

Offline preacher

• Show only replies by preacher
« Reply #654 on: May 26, 2004, 10:49:19 PM »
I just don't get it. As for myself, the package has already been delivered, but to the wrong address. The rest of you that actually got a reciept -  call Deutsche Post and ask where your parcel is. I find it VERY hard to believe that a guy could mix up 10 reciept out of 10, and just send them to people without double checking that he actually sent them to the right person. On top of it all, he cancels his email address, so that no one can get hold of him. Maybe he suffers from ahlzimers or something...
Kill, kill, kill - For inner peace and mental health!

Offline x56h34

« Reply #655 on: May 26, 2004, 10:58:42 PM »
Well, as long as we are guessing :-), how about this theory.
Since he is often in the hospital, maybe he needed the money to fund something, like an operation, and thus scammed us to get some badly needed funds? :-?

Offline Jose

« Reply #656 on: May 27, 2004, 12:19:10 AM »
Got my receipt today from the post, was probably there since Monday or Tuesday.
I don't know german at all so here's the results that the nr. I got gets on the German post's site, maybe you can translate it. I replaced the tracking nr. with asterisks, but if any of you want it to compare or something just say it. The thing was shipped on 14.04 by the way.

Hier können Sie den Sendungsstatus Ihrer EINSCHREIBEN  und NACHNAHME
Sendungen abfragen.
Den Sendungsstatus zu Paket- & Expresssendungen finden Sie auf der Website
von DHL.

Einzel-
 abfrage      
 Abfrage für
 Geschäftskunden      

Ihre Anfrage führte zu folgendem Ergebnis:

*************:
Es konnten keine Informationen zur Sendung gefunden werden.

Für weitere Fragen/Informationen wenden Sie Sich bitte an unseren Kundenservice Einschreiben und Nachnahme National 01805/29 06 90 (12 ct je angefangene 60 Sek. im Festnetz) Mo. - Fr. 8 - 18 Uhr.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #657 on: May 27, 2004, 12:25:50 AM »
Ihre Anfrage führte zu folgendem Ergebnis:
*************:
Es konnten keine Informationen zur Sendung gefunden werden.

Is the only interesting bit, unfortunately it reads:

Your request led to the following result:
*************:
No information for the shipping could be found

:-(.

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #658 on: May 27, 2004, 12:25:54 AM »

lempkee wrote:

i have had packages comming from usa that have taken over 4 months! and yes it was infact sent at the day the seller told me, why?...nah just protocols in the customs and this is normal , belive me thats why YOU ALWAYS GOTTA TELL SELLER TO USE AN EN22 OR EN23 package note where it states whats inside and value and the value shouldnt be higher than 20 uk pounds unless u want to pay alot of toll on it (doesnt count for EU country's , i mean from EU to EU its no prob but EU to UK = PROBLEM etc)

But most of the recipients are in the EU, therefore, apart from scanning the packages for prohibited substances etc, there should be no customs to deal with. Rememeber, no duty to import from one EU country to another....

Oh, and UK is part of the EU, despite what some people may think :lol:
I like Amigas

Offline Jose

« Reply #659 on: May 27, 2004, 01:08:50 AM »
@odin

Thx. Well, even worse than I thought.. at least it could be in that mail central service that others mentioned...

I'm glad Jax helped us geting our info to the police, but I'm starting to doubt it will work ... They'll probably tell us to get a lawyer, wich will slowly take more money off our pockets. I remember the european community had some entity to solve, or help in cases like this, or am I wrong?