Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB  (Read 497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jack-3d

Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« on: April 20, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
Looking for E3B Deneb USB, fully tested and fully working.
A500+ | A600 | A1200 | A1200T | A2000 | A4000 | A4000T | Mac mini G4
 

Offline magnetic

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
You and everyone else bro man. They are no longer made and the people that have them are not giving them up good luck
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs
 

Offline jack-3d

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 07:06:49 PM »
So its forbiden to ask? Or is there any other way how to get/buy one?
A500+ | A600 | A1200 | A1200T | A2000 | A4000 | A4000T | Mac mini G4
 

Offline Acill

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 11:11:33 PM »
Quote from: jack-3d;807379
So its forbiden to ask? Or is there any other way how to get/buy one?


I think he is just saying not to get your hopes up. They are very hard to come by. You may be better off getting an X-surf and a Rapid Road combo if its just USB you are looking for.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics
 

Offline WeiXing3D

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 01:29:34 AM »
Quote from: jack-3d;807379
So its forbiden to ask? Or is there any other way how to get/buy one?


Get the X-SURF 100 with Clockport and Roadshow. I'm using it with my 3000 and it works great.

It's available from several vendors. I bought mine from Amedia Computer in France and I got delivered here in the U.S. They had it in stock.
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.
 

Offline bbond007

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 01:34:29 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;807377
You and everyone else bro man. They are no longer made and the people that have them are not giving them up good luck


I have see them sell for $600
 

Offline F1Lupo

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 01:34:56 AM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;807385
Get the X-SURF 100 with Clockport and Roadshow. I'm using it with my 3000 and it works great.

It's available from several vendors. I bought mine from Amedia Computer in France and I got delivered here in the U.S. They had it in stock.

got mine recently from Amigakit and got to me here in Canada in less than a week:)
____________________________________________________________________
c64-dual sids, A1000, A1200-060@50, A4000-CSMKIII
Indivision AGA & Catweasel MK4+= Amazing
! My Master Miggies-Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:
 

Offline Pgovotsos

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 02:57:22 AM »
You CAN find Denebs here and on AmiBay and for less than $600 USD. I recently got 2 on AmiBay and 1 here for a low of €350 and a high of €450 or $400 - $500 USD. Watch for 4000 systems for sale that have some expansion cards. I've gotten 2 that had a Deneb in them. It can cost more to buy a whole system but the cost of the individual components is cheaper than buying separately. Of course, that's only a good idea if you have a use for many of the components or think you can sell them for a good price and recoup the costs.

The X-Surf and RapidRoad works, it works very well. In many cases, though, I prefer the Deneb because it supports DMA (with the right revision Buster and Deneb firmware) but the best feature is the 4MB flash RAM on it. 2MB has the Poseidon USB stack installed. The other 2MB you can install other things like libraries. For the machines that I haven't installed 3.9 Kickstarts in yet, I have all of the 3.9 (and other patched / updated modules) in the Deneb's flash RAM which lets me boot to AmigaOS 3.9 without any resets which greatly reduces boot up time. You can also install the files needed so that Poseidon is active / available at boot up so you can use USB devices like keyboards and mice at boot up. It also lets you boot from a USB flash drive or hard drive.

It doesn't hurt that the Deneb is fast as heck. I've got one machine booting from a high speed thumb drive and file access is amazingly fast - windows (even un-snapshotted ones) open instantly. It's a convenient and fast way to experiment with different configurations.

The Deneb can be (usually is) expensive but it can be worth every penny IMO.
 

Offline jack-3d

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 07:40:51 AM »
Quote from: Acill;807384
I think he is just saying not to get your hopes up. They are very hard to come by. You may be better off getting an X-surf and a Rapid Road combo if its just USB you are looking for.

Three years ago I had just A1200 and I wanted to buy both A4000 and A4000T heavily loaded. Everyone said it will be hard to get... Now I have all of them, just Deneb is missing in my config. So I say its just combination of luck, time and money.

I have XSurf+Rapidroad as well, it works well in most of the Amigas but it does not work well in Mediator 4000Di (yes I tried Z2 mode as well as all other possibilities). The only USB cards working with Mediator are Spider, Thylacine and Deneb (friend borrowed me Deneb for compatibility tests). First two are slow and the only usable is Deneb.

So I can offer Minithylacine or XSurf100+Rapidroad to be part of the deal for exchange + cash compensation.
A500+ | A600 | A1200 | A1200T | A2000 | A4000 | A4000T | Mac mini G4
 

Offline Acill

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 06:05:57 PM »
Quote from: jack-3d;807391
Three years ago I had just A1200 and I wanted to buy both A4000 and A4000T heavily loaded. Everyone said it will be hard to get... Now I have all of them, just Deneb is missing in my config. So I say its just combination of luck, time and money.

I have XSurf+Rapidroad as well, it works well in most of the Amigas but it does not work well in Mediator 4000Di (yes I tried Z2 mode as well as all other possibilities). The only USB cards working with Mediator are Spider, Thylacine and Deneb (friend borrowed me Deneb for compatibility tests). First two are slow and the only usable is Deneb.

So I can offer Minithylacine or XSurf100+Rapidroad to be part of the deal for exchange + cash compensation.


I have an A4000T with a CSPPC in it, mediator, spider II, Radeon, voodoo 5, fm801 sound, bigram+, x-surf 100 with rapid road and an eflash 4000. All work perfectly. I don't use the Rapid Road much since the latest spider II is working so well, but it does work fine in ZIII mode.

Anyone have one for sale, lets help him out and sell it! :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:18:18 PM by Acill »
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics
 

Offline QuikSanz

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 01:54:08 AM »
I have an Algor for my A2000 and A4000T, wouldn't part with them, no way!
 

Offline mechy

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Acill;807401
I have an A4000T with a CSPPC in it, mediator, spider II, Radeon, voodoo 5, fm801 sound, bigram+, x-surf 100 with rapid road and an eflash 4000. All work perfectly. I don't use the Rapid Road much since the latest spider II is working so well, but it does work fine in ZIII mode.

Anyone have one for sale, lets help him out and sell it! :)


I could probably will my deneb to him when i die,but until then its not going anywhere :laugh1:

i only wish i had bought more of them when they are available. That being said the Algor Pro i have is great also.
 

Offline dovegrace

  • Committed Git
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Join Date: Mar 2006
  • Posts: 202
  • Country: ca
  • Total likes: 0
  • Gender: Male
    • http://dovegrace.blogspot.com
Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 06:31:28 PM »
Quote from: jack-3d;807371
Looking for E3B Deneb USB, fully tested and fully working.


PM'ed!
A1200: 50mhz GVP Jaws II+, OS 3.1, 32mb Fast, 1gb HD, Indivision MKIICR, PCMCIA network
A4000D: stock 030/25, OS 3.9, 16mb Fast, 1gb HD, Picasso II, Ariadne II, IOExtender
 

Offline jack-3d

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »
PM replied :)
A500+ | A600 | A1200 | A1200T | A2000 | A4000 | A4000T | Mac mini G4
 

Offline Acill

Re: Wanted: E3B Deneb USB
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 10:29:02 PM »
Quote from: jack-3d;807425
PM replied :)


What!! Tell us what you end up getting it for, super jealous!
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics