Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: Commodore Amiga 4000T  (Read 2759 times)

Description:

Offline danbeaver

Re: FS: Commodore Amiga 4000T
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:24:31 AM »
Wasn't this the one up for sale with that weird auction a few months back, I recognize the pale wooden flooring.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:44:09 AM »
Everything from the motherboard, ROMS, and features is identical between the CBM and the Amiga Technologies version except the front lower plastic ventilation slots on the plastic front.  Both cases are Enlight  versions of a standard AT Tower case.

Personally, I believe the A4000T is a brilliant design with both IDE and 4091 controllers, tons of room for drives, a coin cell battery, addition of a standard AT style battery connector, standard AT power supply and ease of access to all the insides.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
As for as I recall, he puts it up for sale every few months, and then no one wants to pay that much and it is dropped;  email him and see.

You can pick up an Amiga Technologies version with a slightly different lower plastic piece for around $900 to $1200 USD stock depending on condition; many (like mine) are fully expanded with enough stuff to make a Christmas goose envious -- they go for a wee bit more to cover the costs of the CSPPC, Mediator, Deneb, Radeon 9200, Indivision AGA, DVD-R/W in SATA and IDE, wickedly large SCSI-3 15K 147 GB HDDs, ZorRam, and stuff.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 05:20:18 AM »
He posts on the Amiga forums as well; pm him as "bitman"