Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?  (Read 111385 times)

Description:

Offline huronking

• Show all replies
Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« on: July 20, 2011, 12:15:11 PM »
Quote from: Fullflavormenthol;650775
Crazy. I have found that eBay is increasingly a bad place to buy old electronics from. Personally I just go to the city wide yard sales when they happen and hope for a good find. Generally on eBay people seem to be dreaming half the time, trying to sell Atari 800s and C64s for extreme prices...my favorites are the couple of hundred dollar C64s with no software or accessories that also haven't been tested to work. No thank you. I would rather give $50 to the people who have had an old computer sitting the garage for the last decade and take my chances than pay a premium for untested hardware which has nothing with it.

The one thing I still kick myself in the butt over is the Apple ][ I got years ago for 5 dollars along with an IBM typewriter at an auction that I threw away. I would kill to go back in time and keep that Apple ][, but to be fair that was before I really got into retro computing and Apple computers in general. So that is on my wish list along with the Atari 800.

I once had a pile of Apple ]['s... and once landed a pallet of 1040ST's. The school system surplus sales and flea markets were gold mines... well- not back then; it was all just junk.

I do kick myself over a few, like smashing the Aquarius in the driveway, and telling someone his Osborne 1 was worthless and to throw it away, or leaving a full TI-99 with loaded PEB behind when I moved. And I really should have rescued a C= PET before someone I knew took a bunch to a shooting range...