Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?  (Read 96075 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline runequester

  • It\'s Amiga time!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 3695
  • Total likes: 0
 

Offline Fullflavormenthol

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:41:56 AM »
Crazy. I have found that eBay is increasingly a bad place to buy old electronics from. Personally I just go to the city wide yard sales when they happen and hope for a good find. Generally on eBay people seem to be dreaming half the time, trying to sell Atari 800s and C64s for extreme prices...my favorites are the couple of hundred dollar C64s with no software or accessories that also haven't been tested to work. No thank you. I would rather give $50 to the people who have had an old computer sitting the garage for the last decade and take my chances than pay a premium for untested hardware which has nothing with it.

The one thing I still kick myself in the butt over is the Apple ][ I got years ago for 5 dollars along with an IBM typewriter at an auction that I threw away. I would kill to go back in time and keep that Apple ][, but to be fair that was before I really got into retro computing and Apple computers in general. So that is on my wish list along with the Atari 800.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:45:01 AM by Fullflavormenthol »
 

Offline motrucker

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:08:41 AM »
This one just changed from the card being destroyed, to him keeping it. Must have had some bad feedback on that one. The fool is selling two of these, and a 3000T. Makes me wonder if doomy's still around.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/GVP-EGS-28-24-Spectrum-graphics-board-Amiga-/160623232609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2565e40661
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+
 

Offline J-Golden

  • TOP SECRET USER!!!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2002
  • Posts: 1321
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 1
  • Gender: Male
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »
@Motrucker:
 
That's him alright! He is also selling a stock A3000T for I think $700...:lol:
 
Oh, and to answer the OP's question, YES! We still love to talk and laugh about crazy E-bay posts... Over in the AMIGA MARKETPLACE ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:06:35 AM by J-Golden »
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.
 
I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:
 
WWBD?
 

Offline huronking

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 12:15:11 PM »
Quote from: Fullflavormenthol;650775
Crazy. I have found that eBay is increasingly a bad place to buy old electronics from. Personally I just go to the city wide yard sales when they happen and hope for a good find. Generally on eBay people seem to be dreaming half the time, trying to sell Atari 800s and C64s for extreme prices...my favorites are the couple of hundred dollar C64s with no software or accessories that also haven't been tested to work. No thank you. I would rather give $50 to the people who have had an old computer sitting the garage for the last decade and take my chances than pay a premium for untested hardware which has nothing with it.

The one thing I still kick myself in the butt over is the Apple ][ I got years ago for 5 dollars along with an IBM typewriter at an auction that I threw away. I would kill to go back in time and keep that Apple ][, but to be fair that was before I really got into retro computing and Apple computers in general. So that is on my wish list along with the Atari 800.


I once had a pile of Apple ]['s... and once landed a pallet of 1040ST's. The school system surplus sales and flea markets were gold mines... well- not back then; it was all just junk.

I do kick myself over a few, like smashing the Aquarius in the driveway, and telling someone his Osborne 1 was worthless and to throw it away, or leaving a full TI-99 with loaded PEB behind when I moved. And I really should have rescued a C= PET before someone I knew took a bunch to a shooting range...
 

Offline VingtTrois

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2009
  • Posts: 897
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.amiga.org/gallery/images/6006/1_2316_My_AMIGA_Collection_Sept2010.jpg
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:34:57 PM by VingtTrois »
-A3K(T)040@35MHz/78MB/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/PICASSO II/GVP IO/A2088XT/DENEB/HDD18GB
-A3K(D)030@25MHz/134MB RAM/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/RETINA Z2/OKTAGON 2008/VLAB YC/MIDI/DKB3128/HDD18GB
-A2K/ROM 1.3-3.1/2MBCHIP/8MB/A2091/OKTAGON 2008/A2058/TANDEM IDE/FlickerFixer-Scandoubler/Genlock
-A1200/KS3.1/2MB+9MB/CF2GB A1200[/
 

Offline Kesa

  • Ninja Fruit Slasher
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Sep 2010
  • Posts: 2408
  • Total likes: 0
Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 12:29:51 PM »
Quote from: motrucker;650778
This one just changed from the card being destroyed, to him keeping it. Must have had some bad feedback on that one. The fool is selling two of these, and a 3000T. Makes me wonder if doomy's still around.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/GVP-EGS-28-24-Spectrum-graphics-board-Amiga-/160623232609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2565e40661

Actually i think the A3000T is quite a good deal. Those things are pretty rare. Were there really less than 100 made?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.
 

Offline J-Golden

  • TOP SECRET USER!!!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2002
  • Posts: 1321
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 1
  • Gender: Male
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
Quote from: runequester;650773
if so, I have a candidate
 
http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-1084s-monitor-rare-colour-color-C64-Amiga-/170500044612?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item27b2983744#ht_500wt_665
 
250 bucks for a 1084 monitor?
Same guy has a stock A500 with no power supply or Mouse for $163, an A1000 with box for $450 and a bog standard A1000 for $260...
 
AAAAAAnd from the A500 listing, "If you're looking for a  complete Amiga 500 with power supply & mouse, I have another one I would sell for about $100 more.":roflmao:
 
As Hank Hill would say, "The boy ain't right..."
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.
 
I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:
 
WWBD?
 

Offline motrucker

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 01:05:03 PM »
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+
 

Offline danwood

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
Quote from: runequester;650773
if so, I have a candidate

http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-1084s-monitor-rare-colour-color-C64-Amiga-/170500044612?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item27b2983744#ht_500wt_665

250 bucks for a 1084 monitor?


What pisses me off more is putting "rare" in the title, see it far too much on ebay, "rare Amiga 500".. there were millions of the things made.
 

Offline runequester

  • It\'s Amiga time!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 3695
  • Total likes: 0
Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »
"rare" and "tested" when they then admit its been in a basement for 12 years and they have no idea.
 

Offline Franko

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »
Quote from: motrucker;650798
I forget about the overseas versions of eBay. I guess greed is all over.
What really gets me are the people who say that if it doesn't sell, they will destroy the piece. That is insane, and I seriously doubt that that tactic works.


I'll say this much for Doomy, his threats of destroying stuff worked, just a couple of weeks ago on a thread here about a board he was selling (for the third time) it was bought by some muppet after he threatened to destroy it... :rolleyes:

Like him or not, he always comes up with some way of making a quick buck... :)

Offline runequester

  • It\'s Amiga time!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 3695
  • Total likes: 0
Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;650779
@Motrucker:
 
That's him alright! He is also selling a stock A3000T for I think $700...:lol:
 
Oh, and to answer the OP's question, YES! We still love to talk and laugh about crazy E-bay posts... Over in the AMIGA MARKETPLACE ;)


okay so Im an idiot. Looks like a mod already moved the thread, thanks :)
 

Offline desiv

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;650795
As Hank Hill would say, "The boy ain't right..."

You say that now, but I only need one person to click BUY!!
MWAHAHAHA...
:-)

OK, that's not me..  
But what's the phrase, "it's only crazy if no one buys it."

I also seem to have noticed when watching an item that I think is overpriced and not sell..
And then I see it posted again, for MORE MONEY????
Is the plan really, if it doesn't sell, you raise your asking price??

But, I still manage to get a good deal (I think) from time to time there, it's just not the fun it used to be...

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.
 

Offline AndyLandy

Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 07:25:25 AM »
Don't forget this seller:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/finestcomputers/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Chock-full of overpriced Amiga hardware. Then again, he does sometimes manage to sell stuff... It only takes one. It's the same mentality that spammers use, they can pee off 99.9% of their targets, so long as that 0.1% take them up.

Fools and their money...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:39:52 PM by Argo »
Join us on IRC! irc.ecs.soton.ac.uk #amiga
 
 A500plus - GVP A530, needs work! | A1200 - 68030/40; 2+32MB; 1.4GB | A3000 - 68040/25; 2+80MB; 4GB | A4000 - 68060/50; work-in-progress!