Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTB: Cyberstorm PPC  (Read 16092 times)

Description:

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
Re: WTB: Cyberstorm PPC
« on: June 01, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »
Quote from: mechy;640830
Its just you. I use my A4000/csppc with mediator daily to do everything from listen to mp3's to handle my web store emails.View pdf's(well most).The mediator gives me 100MB ethernet,SB128 and a 1280x1024x32 workbench.Even tho the browser is old,Ibrowse still works for paying all my credit card bills and with my bank just fine.I print to a color xerox laser with netprinter.device fine.I still like picshow over many picture viewers on most platforms.dvd burning is handled with fryingpan or crazy franko's utilities. using 2-32gb cf's on the UWSCSI chain as hard drives makes it pretty quick and reliable(21MB/s!).Deneb makes using usb anything a breeze.It actually reads pictures in off my sony camera as fast as the 3ghz dell near me.Don't get me wrong,a a bit more speed would always be nice.
I actually get stuff done since i'm not rebooting from updates every 5 minutes
I honestly don't have any need for word documents,so this may be a point of contention to some.
Its costly to do this,but i take good care of my stuff and i have no worries it will bring the price i paid for it easily(i will never sell it...but if i do ;).
Best of all theres virtually no virus trouble ever(i call it security thru obscurity :).
Obviously your results would be half as good on a A1200 which is signifigantly slower with simular expansions because of the bottlenecks and the blizzardppc 32 bit ram addressing and old narrow scsi vs the csppc 64bit memory addressing + UWSCSI and well as mediator bottlenecks..

So when people like you say its not usefull,i just have to think you have a total lack of imagination. You just need to use what works for you and quit obsessing over what it is.

im going to say this for the last time.

Cyberstorm 64bit memory no longer has a advantage over my Blizzard PPC.

if Blizzard PPC cards could take a 604e my Blizzard would be faster than a CyberStorm 233. my Blizzard is faster than a Cyberstorm 200Mhz and  has gained another half a sec to close the gap to a Cyberstorm 233.

my PCI/Bvision is already faster than a Cyberstorm PCI/Cybervision.

second fastest Blizzard card in the world.

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3417
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:29:37 AM by delshay »
-------------
power is nothing without control

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »
Blizzard card is moving to another processor,i did have it half working,but if am able to finish and complete this new processor to fully work,the card will operate at 350Mhz+ with 80Mhz+ bus. project to restart late this year as i want to complete Bvision project first as it needs to improve its performance even further.

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3404
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:32:54 AM by delshay »
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:25:33 AM »
here is a screenshot to prove Cyberstorm PPC 64bit memory does not have a advantage over my Blizzard PPC card. my Blizzard card memory is infact faster.

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3526
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:22:24 AM »
Blizzard PPC card will become the fastest classic card,i think i also said this in another thread but i don't like repeating myself,anyway its just a matter of time.

i have a desktop A1200 so im stuck with a bvision (enhanced) 250Mhz Ramdac,125Mhz memory (Beta) modifiyed driver OS3.9.
need information to test this under OS4.1

what most user enjoy playing PPC games with 640x480 16bit, i enjoy 800x600 16bit with the same or better performance.

i dont need to use a screenmode lower than 800x600..workbench 1024x768 24Bit or 32bit depending on OS used.

there are no errors in my system other than below. ie there's no lock-ups crashs ect all fixed.

OUTSTANDING ISSUES: as above get Bvison out of Beta from it's 125Mhz memory.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:07:45 AM by delshay »
-------------