Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apower desktop PSU for A500/600/1200/cd32 are Back!  (Read 17040 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Apower desktop PSU for A500/600/1200/cd32 are Back!
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:07 AM »
Quote from: d0pefish;630529
@mechy:

I have had one of your PSUs since January over here in the UK :)

My A600 with ACA630, A603, 2 external floppy drives, PCMCIA LAN card, sound sampler, and various other accessories has had heavy and frequent usage since then, and the power supply has been perfectly rock-solid :D

Simply cannot recommend it enough, it's a great power supply. I've had people ask me where I got it from - really nice to see you've made another batch, I'll point them your way. :)

Cheers! :)

I will second those remarks.  I have had mine for a few months and find that it works flawlessly with my A600 and it's ACA630/25MHz accelerator.  It is also much nicer looking than the original brick Amiga PSU's and the lighted switch is a nice feature to show that it is off or on from a distance.

Nice to know that you have made another batch Mike and I might even buy a second one for my backup A1200.  If you ever consider making a more powerful version that is capable of powering my A1260 w/256mb RAM, SCSI module, IndivisionAGA & Subway USB, let me know, as the ATX PSU conversion I have for that system is old and questionable these days.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:26:57 PM »
@Darrin,

Dumb question, but are you sure your SCSI termination is setup correctly on the WarpEngine SCSI cable?

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:14:54 AM »
Quote from: A4000Bear;666037
I had exactly the same problem, but managed to partially solve it by making sure the SCSI card reader was ID 0. (I have a CD-ROM at ID 1 and a hard drive at ID 2).

It is still not perfect, I have to boot the system with the flash card I want to use inserted, and I cannot change the card unless I reboot, but it's better than nothing!

Incidentally, my warpdrive.device version is 40.66

It is my understanding that these SCSI card readers do not support "Hot Swapping" when installed in an Amiga.  They are still useful additions to most big box Amiga systems.  I have thought about getting one for my A4000D in Power Tower.

The PSU's that Mechy puts together are real nice.  I have one for my A600 w/ACA630 and thought about getting another for my A1200, but don't know if they output enough wattage for my Blizzard 1260 w/256mb RAM & SCSI-2 controller, plus IndivisionAGA & Subway USB controller.