Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No Joke, I just bought something from Bill MacEwen  (Read 1873 times)

Description:

Offline J-GoldenTopic starter

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
No Joke, I just bought something from Bill MacEwen
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:28:56 AM »
Seriously, I was checking my Paypal accout to get an update on a CD I had purchased and caught the real name of the seller...

So I have to ask, Will I ever get the CD *promised* to me?  and will it be wraped in a T-Shirt?

I LOVE E-Bay:laughing:

All kidding aside, the seller is in Canada so I don't think it is him.  But what if it is?  Then I NOW have his personal E-Mail address FTW!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
Re: No Joke, I just bought something from Bill MacEwen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:03:13 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;566352
Seriously, I was checking my Paypal accout to get an update on a CD I had purchased and caught the real name of the seller...

So I have to ask, Will I ever get the CD *promised* to me?  and will it be wraped in a T-Shirt?

I LOVE E-Bay:laughing:

All kidding aside, the seller is in Canada so I don't think it is him.  But what if it is?  Then I NOW have his personal E-Mail address FTW!

J, you crack me up! XD

How are you doing, Battle Brother? Is everything well for you and your unit, El Tee? I met a kid the other day at the watering hole, I have a stake in. He's Marine Corps Reserves and a ground pounder, like myself. He told me he was getting deployed to Afghanistan in two months. It depressed me a bit, knowing that our reserves were being fielded on the "front lines" (I'm still against the war, but that's another story.....). He seemed chipper about it, but I could see it in his eyes. That sign of someone whose never seen action and while he's all "Hooah!" (or in their terms, Hoo Rah! ;) ) about it, I could tell he was worried. The only thing I could think to do was ask that he made it back in one piece, thank him for his service to our country and pay for his and his friend's tab.

I don't care what branch you're in. Once a solider, *ALWAYS* a soldier.

I sincerely hope you're doing well, Sir. I apologize if my comment on calling you a "battle brother" was offensive, as though I am a retired non-comm, you are and will always be, my superior.

-M
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »
is  Bill McEwen ... :-) (not Mac)

Offline Bigbronc

• Show only replies by Bigbronc
    • http://www.AnyNameAnyState.com
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
I am lost who is Bill MacEwen ? is he the guy who played Ob one in star wars, or some Amiga Guy?
:python:

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
Quote from: Methuselas;566381
J, you crack me up! XD

How are you doing, Battle Brother? Is everything well for you and your unit, El Tee? I met a kid the other day at the watering hole, I have a stake in. He's Marine Corps Reserves and a ground pounder, like myself. He told me he was getting deployed to Afghanistan in two months. It depressed me a bit, knowing that our reserves were being fielded on the "front lines" (I'm still against the war, but that's another story.....). He seemed chipper about it, but I could see it in his eyes. That sign of someone whose never seen action and while he's all "Hooah!" (or in their terms, Hoo Rah! ;) ) about it, I could tell he was worried. The only thing I could think to do was ask that he made it back in one piece, thank him for his service to our country and pay for his and his friend's tab.

Feeling that.  We are gearing up to depoly soon also.  But you know that about all I can say about that ;).

It will be my first deployment also, and every now and then I feel that jitter of the unknown, but not only am I an El-Tee :biglaugh: but I'm the battery XO, so I can't let that get to me; too many people I need to look over to worry about myself.

Quote from: Methuselas;566381
I don't care what branch you're in. Once a solider, *ALWAYS* a soldier.

I sincerely hope you're doing well, Sir. I apologize if my comment on calling you a "battle brother" was offensive, as though I am a retired non-comm, you are and will always be, my superior.

-M

Don't EVER apologize unless you ment wrong in the first place. "One Team, One Fight" right? I never see myself as above another, just given a different job.  Anyway, I get along with the NCOs more then with my Uppers. :juggler:

Keep your head down, man, and party on!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »
Quote from: Framiga;566436
is Bill McEwen ... :-) (not Mac)

Yup, I know.  But if you google him, half the hits have the "Mac" instead of "Mc" so I went with it. You know, have fun with names and all that. :python:

WWBD?

Offline hardlink

• Show only replies by hardlink
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;566352

All kidding aside, the seller is in Canada so I don't think it is him.  But what if it is? !

Hi J,

Don't forget he was a long haul truck driver before joining the ranks of the tech tycoons like billy gates and The Steve;)  Maybe he went back to his old nomad ways [to avoid the Sheriff(s)] and he really IS in Canada. Sometimes Mexico ...

Hey from NCAUGers.

Offline Buzzfuzz

• Show only replies by Buzzfuzz
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »
Quote from: Bigbronc;566438
I am lost who is Bill MacEwen ? is he the guy who played Ob one in star wars, or some Amiga Guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbwlFVu88M

This will get you up to speed :)
And it's McEwen.
Wishlist: A3500, A2500UX

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 05:35:19 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;566486
Feeling that.  We are gearing up to depoly soon also.  But you know that about all I can say about that ;).

It will be my first deployment also, and every now and then I feel that jitter of the unknown, but not only am I an El-Tee :biglaugh: but I'm the battery XO, so I can't let that get to me; too many people I need to look over to worry about myself.

Paladins?  one five fives?  one oh fives?  Can't have the king of battle without the queens :D

I feel sorry for you guys deploying this late.  the ROE is sphincter tight.  But hopefully there is much less wild west compared to when I was over there.

Good luck sir!  As a grunt there's no better sound in my mind than the sound of big rounds going down range above your head.  Well, that, or the sound my pig made on cyclic :lol:

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;566636
Paladins? one five fives? one oh fives? Can't have the king of battle without the queens :D

I feel sorry for you guys deploying this late. the ROE is sphincter tight. But hopefully there is much less wild west compared to when I was over there.

Good luck sir! As a grunt there's no better sound in my mind than the sound of big rounds going down range above your head. Well, that, or the sound my pig made on cyclic :lol:

No more need for artillery:angry: is the official word.  We are going to be mech. inf.  We were out for three weeks training on up armors and ma duces.  Fun, but not the same.  I was a 13F when enlisted and NOTHING compairs to getting 155 rounds on target.:cool:

WWBD?