Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IndivisionECS will have dual video output!  (Read 19933 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
Re: IndivisionECS will have dual video output!
« Reply #104 from previous page: August 31, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;521267
Hmmmm... Ok, but only if it has an iPhone connector :p ;)

Sorry that was a deal breaker for me :lol:
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2009, 08:59:45 PM »
Quote from: JJ;521623
Quote from: bloodline;521267
Hmmmm... Ok, but only if it has an iPhone connector :p ;)

Sorry that was a deal breaker for me :lol:

:lol:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2009, 11:41:21 PM »
I am now taking pre-orders on my main site:

http://www.redsretro.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=136

International buyers can get a flat $12.30 shipping by Priority Mail "Small Flat Rate Box", despite what the shipping calculator says.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline trip6

• Show only replies by trip6
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2009, 03:23:40 AM »
Guys stop whining and wise up!!! Jens and Oliver have developed something that will increase the longevity and usability of classic amigas by decades in their creation of Indivision ECS which lets us all use the latest LCD technology on our classic amiga computers. Not only that, but it eliminates the PAL\NTSC display problems us retro gamers always run into... No more boot disks, its all VGA output... Brilliant. We are lucky to have guys like Jens & Oliver who invest their time, money and talents into our Commodore & Amiga Community. I would challenge any of you whining to do it on the same to the level that Jens has over the years... Being overly critical and unappreciative of those who help us, is not smart, beacuse you may drive them away... I for one fully appreciate of Jens & Oliver's efforts and plan to support their latest creation. Nuff said...

Offline Schoenfeld

• Show only replies by Schoenfeld
    • http://icomp.de
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »
The funny thing is that those who scream loudest are the ones disqualifying themselves. I was pointed to the amigalounge blog and nearly laughed my a** off scrolling all the way down: First, he's complaining about pricing, wants to make his own Amiga designs (yeah, right, we've seen iWin before). Then he'd sell Indivision ECS at 69 USD in "thousands". Sure, a market that's good for a few hundred will take a few thousand extra units if it's only cheap enough. Didn't know that rule yet, maybe that's what I made wrong the past 15 years?

However, his random photos truly make up for all the fuzz that this person is babbeling. He's great at putting out numbers without background. He's arguing, and it even looks right if you don't ask any questions (such as "does the developer need to eat?"). He argues and argues, and then places this "random photo" in his blog:

http://www.amigalounge.com/uploaded_images/argue091204ek6-779239.jpg

Thanks buddy, you've made my day :-)

Jens

Offline rebb

• Show only replies by rebb
    • http://www.trsi.de
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »
Jens: Make my day and tell this is somehow possible?

Quote from: rebb;521334
Sadly Compact flash card from my cf-ide68k is going over Denise chip. So thinking about building adapter to "move" Denise socket elsewhere, any ideas where to get connectors for flatcable? (Like ones they used in kickstart switchers). Otherwise, this is brilliant idea! Looking forward to code some demo routines for dual screen setup.
Amiga 1200, OS 3.9, 68030, scandoubler

Offline Schoenfeld

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »
Indivision ECS should not be operated on a ribbon cable. Instead, I'd suggest that you lift up the cf-ide68k by adding one or two 64-pin sockets in between. Indivision ECS is a very flat design and should fit under that thing.

Jens

Offline tone007

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »
Darn, I've got a VXL-30 accelerator on top of my CFIDE68k, and I can't go any higher (already had to grind down the motherboard mounts to get it all to fit.)  Guess I'll have to put the Indivison in another machine, or try my luck with a homemade extender board or cable.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline cv643d

• Show only replies by cv643d
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »
Hehe, good to know that I did not critisize the price of A1200 version on my blog so I did not get humiliated on the internet :-)    j/k

It is funny though that I got a comment from a guy who complained when I had written the Indivision gives rock solid image stability, he told me that the image flickered a bit in hires-laced, almost as if I had tricked him into buying it. Hey man, thats just the way interlace modes look when they are flicker-fixed lol, even UAE screens in interlace looks like that!

Jens, you should sell the A600 Apollo, I guess it would sell in thousands of units, especially if you sell if for €99.99! ;-)

Quote from: Schoenfeld;521684
The funny thing is that those who scream loudest are the ones disqualifying themselves. I was pointed to the amigalounge blog and nearly laughed my a** off scrolling all the way down: First, he's complaining about pricing, wants to make his own Amiga designs (yeah, right, we've seen iWin before). Then he'd sell Indivision ECS at 69 USD in "thousands". Sure, a market that's good for a few hundred will take a few thousand extra units if it's only cheap enough. Didn't know that rule yet, maybe that's what I made wrong the past 15 years?

However, his random photos truly make up for all the fuzz that this person is babbeling. He's great at putting out numbers without background. He's arguing, and it even looks right if you don't ask any questions (such as "does the developer need to eat?"). He argues and argues, and then places this "random photo" in his blog:

Jens
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:31:48 PM by cv643d »
Amiga articles
"New shell. It was finished a while back, but I still see bugs, haha" - SSolie

Offline CountRaven

• Show only replies by CountRaven
    • http://www.amigaplanet.gr
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »
You have one sale here, love to try this card on our CDTV and 50 inch Plasma TV.

Do we really need this card to plug a classic machine on a TV? I do not think so.... Why not use an RGB 2 Scart cable or something similar?
Peg2, Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200D-030, Amiga 1200PPC, Amiga 4000PPC, CD32, 2xCDTV, Sam 440EP, Efika, AmigaOne XE.

http://www.amigaplanet.gr

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »
Quote from: Schoenfeld;521684

Jens

Hey, let me just point out, that I am not Arguing and arguing. I have 2 blogs on the subject and thats it. And One is just stating all the flack i am getting over this. I have never in my blogs mentioned prices before and have even justifed in past threads the price of the Indivision 1200/4000 boards (for they are "one of" boards meaning people will only buy one of), and I even mention that we all apreciate the fine work you are doing, and an it even has an appology to Amigakit for blaming them on the price.but It is my Opinion that the ECS is over priced. Period.
Red's seem to have a much better price on it than Amigakit and I will probably be ordering one from him. NOT 6, like I had originaly wanted (and planned on buying), but just one, and that was before we found out it could do dual monitors (heck, when I found that out, I was planning on 8). So the price point lost 5 (or more) sales.
This will be the last comment I post on the matter here, because, obviously I can't and will not EVER EVER EVER get my point across, and nobody sees my point of view.
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.

Offline Schoenfeld

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2009, 04:35:41 PM »
Quote from: quarkx;521701
So the price point lost 5 (or more) sales.

Truth is, it *wins* one sale, as you're pointing out. My bills are paid by sales, not imaginary figures. You claim that I'd be making $10 on every unit if I sold it at $69? OK, deduct taxes, deduct dealer margin, deduct Oliver's salary and - oh, nothing left to deduct. Pardon, I forgot, you know that chip dealer who pays in cash if you take FPGAs off of him. Care to share the phone number?

Laser stencils are for free. Machine programming is done by dwarfs during the night when everybody else is sleeping. Eating is overrated. Banks don't want money, they already got plenty. Electricity comes out of the wallplug. Quality control is not necessary, they'll work, and if they don't, the warranty will fix it (which is for free as well). Boxes and manuals also print themselves. Think of it: Paper is made from trees, so it's free - trees don't charge us for growing. Software updates are also free. Why? Look at icomp's website, they're all free for download. You can download as many times as you want, and they don't charge extra!

Man, is Canada really that far out?

Jens

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »
Quote from: Schoenfeld;521703
Truth is, it *wins* one sale, as you're pointing out. My bills are paid by sales, not imaginary figures. You claim that I'd be making $10 on every unit if I sold it at $69? OK, deduct taxes, deduct dealer margin, deduct Oliver's salary and - oh, nothing left to deduct. Pardon, I forgot, you know that chip dealer who pays in cash if you take FPGAs off of him. Care to share the phone number?

Laser stencils are for free. Machine programming is done by dwarfs during the night when everybody else is sleeping. Eating is overrated. Banks don't want money, they already got plenty. Electricity comes out of the wallplug. Quality control is not necessary, they'll work, and if they don't, the warranty will fix it (which is for free as well). Boxes and manuals also print themselves. Think of it: Paper is made from trees, so it's free - trees don't charge us for growing. Software updates are also free. Why? Look at icomp's website, they're all free for download. You can download as many times as you want, and they don't charge extra!

Man, is Canada really that far out?

Jens

I was using those number as an example, but your development costs should be a whole separate cost then your production costs. I agree that all costs are covered by the profit margin,and yes, you have to eat etc. I look at long term growth, not can I get my money back tomorow. You say the numbers are small on the Amiga market, but how many people are out there not buying any new product because the prices are too high? (for example, how many people would by a SAM if the price was under $200?)
Yes, I am an idiot, yes, I "have no clue" bla bla bla.
this is getting us no where, lets please put a stop to the bickering. the simple fact is that its a done deal, no mater what I say, the price is the price period. You are setting a price and I have no say in that. Until I make a competing product, and set the price point where I want it, then I will just STF up.
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.

Offline krize

• Show only replies by krize
    • Horrordelic Records
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2009, 05:18:31 PM »
quarkx: thanks.

Great work Jens !! You are the master of new amiga hardware, the price is what i would expect...

Keep it up :)
MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
Quote from: CountRaven;521699
Do we really need this card to plug a classic machine on a TV? I do not think so.... Why not use an RGB 2 Scart cable or something similar?

Duh.  Because they are not for linking it to a tv
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Online amigakit

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2009, 05:22:07 PM »
@Quarkx

We sell the Indivision ECS for $125.61 US Dollars

We are selling the Indivision ECS for the same price as other resellers - so I dont understand why you think we are more expensive?  Unless you are comparing US Dollars incorrectly with Canadian Dollars.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit