Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: German Ebayer - amix68k  (Read 5251 times)

Description:

Offline amix68k

• Show only replies by amix68k
Re: German Ebayer - amix68k
« Reply #59 from previous page: June 03, 2007, 05:14:38 PM »

jimbo100 wrote:
It doesn't stop with you does it?  vcr4000 has already said his card was dead!  Stop the lies, you have painted yourself in a corner and your reputation is in tatters!

Please read carefully, he said the card did not work in his A2000 without the dongle.

Offline jimbo100Topic starter

• Show only replies by jimbo100
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »
It wont work any ANY AMIGA without the dongle!!!!!

This guy is unbelievable even when he is caught out lying!

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2007, 05:18:32 PM »

amix68k wrote:

jimbo100 wrote:
 The ball in now in your court my friend!

It seems to be so. We are running around in circles here. You do not believe me, but you also does not want to elaborate the boards.

The board from Andreas was not dead, but it did not work in his A2000.

Anyway, I have sent you a mail and I think it is the best to let a outside party decide over the whole mess.

I am offline now for some hours.

A mess by your creation.  I don't have a 2000, only 3 Amiga 4000's and it dont work in any other of them either!

Offline amix68k

• Show only replies by amix68k
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2007, 06:58:39 PM »

jimbo100 wrote:

James please read.
VCR4000 said: "NOW, I´ve bought a "new" PIV Card with FliFi / Scandoubler part and it works fine. It also works with the scandoubler part disconnected in my A2000."

So it seems to work without the dongle in his A2000.

Does he lie also? Does everybody which does not speak after your mouth lie?

I have really diffiulties to argue with you as you do not reply to questions, rip parts of my mails apart to quote them here out of the context, call me names and so on.

As a conclusion we should leave it to an objective organisation to decide. Is that ok?

Offline pyrre

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »
Hello people,
If I am not completely mistaken it is in my believe that zorro is ZORRO no matter what way you turn it.
Even if you put the PIV in a zorro expanded A500....
IT IS STILL ZORRO.

So for a conclution;
If it shows up NOT WORKING...
it is not working no matter what amiga you put it in...

So jimbo, if (hopefully) you have any friends with an A2000. Try it in an A2000 then. just to be sure...

But my guess is, it is dead...

As for the dongle... amiga-hardware says nothing about the card not working without it...
But they do state that it is intended for the A2000... though, but being zorro II/III autosensing...

(a close friend of mine have an A4000 which he had a PIV, working. But changed it into a cybervision 64/3D (mkII)..
He still has the A4000 and i am nagging him to sell it :-D )
Amiga 1200 Tower Os 3.9
BPPC 603e+ 040-25/200, 256MBram, BVIsionPPC, Indivision AGA MK2.
Amiga 2000 (rev 4.0) Os 1.2/1.3
2088 bridgeboard, 2MB ram card, 2091 SCSI.
Amiga 500+ Os 2.1
Derringer 030, 32MBram, Buddha in sidecar, Indivision ECS.
Amiga CD32
Video decoder

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2007, 08:16:18 PM »
For testing in Z II mode - JP1 & JP2 can be used to force that.

Looking at a detail shot of the PIV it looks like the 'flicker fixer', 'dongle', whatever card is nothing more than a simple connection to the video slot. Nothing that is of any use by itself - and nothing the card wouldn't work without (at least I fail to see a reason).

Since there's no trace of dedicated flicker fixer RAM (little circuitry at all), it looks pretty much like the FF part in the PIV is realized by running the video output into the VESA feature connector of the CL5446, writing that video to the frame buffer and voilá, 31 kHz output.

Offline vcr4000

• Show only replies by vcr4000
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2007, 08:53:53 PM »
Ok, I´m not that much into Amiga.
More into C64 stuff.

So I´ve tested now what I´ve had in my mind and posted here.
My A2000 has a 68060 processor card with 64mb.
Kick 3.1, OS 3.9 is installed on a 4gb SCSI harddisk.

A2000 users have to split the PIV card and use ribbon cables, because the connector for the video part is not close to the Zorro slots.
So it is easy to test a PIV without flifi / scandoubler part (dongle).
I´ve completely removed the ribbon cables and connected a low resolution monitor (CBM 1084S) to the 23pin onboard videoconnector and a VGA monitor to the PIV.
OS 3.9 starts fine on the VGA Monitor in high resolution.
Games using low resolution I could see on the 1084S.

Removing the PIV and starting OS3.9, the 1084S showed me a window : "Error loading PicassoIV.ressource"
That was exactly the same message that I´ve seen all the time with the card connected that I´ve sent to amix68k.

As I know an A2000 has a Zorro II bus and A4000 Zorro III. I really don´t know if my old card was jumpered in the right way.
I´ve tried some jumpers, but no effect.

Andreas

Offline pyrre

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »
This may help in identifying what the different jumpers are intended for....
Amiga 1200 Tower Os 3.9
BPPC 603e+ 040-25/200, 256MBram, BVIsionPPC, Indivision AGA MK2.
Amiga 2000 (rev 4.0) Os 1.2/1.3
2088 bridgeboard, 2MB ram card, 2091 SCSI.
Amiga 500+ Os 2.1
Derringer 030, 32MBram, Buddha in sidecar, Indivision ECS.
Amiga CD32
Video decoder

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2007, 12:27:47 AM »

amix68k wrote:

jimbo100 wrote:

James please read.
VCR4000 said: "NOW, I´ve bought a "new" PIV Card with FliFi / Scandoubler part and it works fine. It also works with the scandoubler part disconnected in my A2000."

So it seems to work without the dongle in his A2000.

Does he lie also? Does everybody which does not speak after your mouth lie?

I have really diffiulties to argue with you as you do not reply to questions, rip parts of my mails apart to quote them here out of the context, call me names and so on.

As a conclusion we should leave it to an objective organisation to decide. Is that ok?

No vcr4000 does not lie, but you don't seem to get the fact that what he is saying questions your honesty and tells me you are being dishonest again!

Ok so if it seems to work without the dongle in his A2000 that only confirms what he said, that his previous card was dead.  

I have also tried it without the dongle and it's dead in a A4000, so we have vcr4000 trying it in a A2000 and me in an A4000 and the result is the same, dead.

We have you selling it as untested so you have no idea if it's dead or not.  

So now I have 2 items from you, both dead.  You find it difficult to argue because you have no concept of telling the truth.  As for calling you names, no such thing has occurred, please quote what I have called you?

All I have said is you tell lies and are dishonest!  Just stating facts, a concept you have great difficulty doing.

So now your not looking for a PIV FF and it seems pointless now anyway as it will work without a FF.  But this board is dead.  So you want to wait for Paypal to decide the outcome and you hope your lies will convince them to let you keep the money.

I have replied to all your questions on every single occasion but all you do is try and rebutt my answers with lies.  Please advise what has been taken out of context? It's is all here for everyone to see.

As for leaving to to eBay, I have given you an option to resolve it now and not wait 30 days!!

Refund my money minus the 55 euro postage, that is 205 euro and I will cancel the paypal action and return the boards to you at my cost.  Don't give me the rubbish about Paypal cancelling your account.  They don't do this, all they do is hold the funds while the matter is investigated, you can still get into your account and trade which you are doing despite your personal problems!

DOING THIS WILL GO SOME WAY TO RESTORING YOUR REPUTATION WHICH APPEARS TO BE IN TATTERS!

Anything else just confirms what everyone now knows!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2007, 04:33:01 AM »
Yawn.

How about sticking to personal communication?

Offline Calgor

• Show only replies by Calgor
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2007, 05:30:58 AM »
Guys,

The PicassoIV most common problem is the flickerfixer chip or another chip comes loose. Make sure all chips are firmly seated in their sockets, and if you can get to early startup screen which recognises PicassoIV, hopefully the rest will be fine.  From there you can reflash the EPROM using the boot floppy which will update the picassoiv.resource.

If you can't get it to be recognised in early startup or cannot boot, then looks bad for the card.

Try also to force it to Zorro II mode using the jumpers as one of my a4000s refused to boot without that when i had a cvppc in the same box.

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2007, 07:34:50 AM »
There is no flixer fixer part but I have made sure all the chips are seated.  At the moment it isnt found in the early startup menu!

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2007, 07:35:50 AM »

odin wrote:
Yawn.

How about sticking to personal communication?

No one forcing you to read it!!

You wont be yawning if you ever want to buy something from amix68k!

Offline Gaiyan

• Show only replies by Gaiyan
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2007, 09:28:48 AM »
Bring out the popcorn :)

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »

Zac67 wrote:
@amix68k

btw: 'without warranty' means exactly that: if the board stops working after some time, it's the buyer's problem. But if it doesn't work right away, it's the seller's problem because he sold it as 'used' which doesn't mean 'dead'. If you have hardware that's dead or untested, sell it as such and not as 'used, no warranty'.
Read eBay's comments, they say the same thing.

Zac67 can you point to where on eBay's website that this is mentioned.  Been searching for a few days and unable to locate in the maze of web pages.

Offline therail

• Show only replies by therail
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »
i agree with odin on this one. jimbo, you have acted like a loon in this thread. i dont think your attitude is helping you out here. sure amix68k may have done wrong (and with the zip ram maybe). but at the end of the day you won a dodgy picasso iv auction that said untested - so what the hell do you expect? i wouldn't have bidded on it, and no-one else would have unless they are a techie of some sort. you were trying to get gold from {bleep}e and it backfired on you and now your trying to get your revenge. the same thing happened to me on ebay (buying risky untested items that backfired), but i didn't go on a witch hunt and harass the seller, i just got on with it. i dont agree with what amix68k has done though, if intential.