Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amibench thieves  (Read 3460 times)

Description:

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
Re: Amibench thieves
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 30, 2003, 11:49:36 PM »
Lando, you`ve still a way of getting your money back...take the git to the small claims court. AFAIK it`s free for sums under £500. (or it was when my Dad had to do it to someone). Just a matter of a little form to fill out.
 Not sure if you have to do it at your local court or theirs though. Your local Citizens Advice Bureau should be able to help on that one.

I`ve bought a fair bit of stuff from Amibench over the years.. probably around £500-£600 worth, and have only lost out the once to some git that took the money and run, but that was only £10.

I`ve had problems with a couple of others..one guy said he had my cheque and kept promising to post the VLab motion card to me the next day, but after 3 weeks he stopped reply to my emails, and  strangely he never cashed the cheque, so I had it cancelled :((

Judging from the recent spoof posts on Amibench, it looks like someone has an axe to grind in public..shame really, cos after all the crap of last year when Amibench shut down and then opened up again, this could be the last straw..
On schedule, and suing

Offline Radfoo

• Show only replies by Radfoo
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2003, 11:54:16 PM »
I have used Amibench a few times, never had any problems. Maybe you have just been unlucky!

Although I agree, they probably do need a registration system. I think most people would not object to a small charge too.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2003, 01:15:43 AM »
it isnt that hard to get a site secured if it's a very small... if you can have a 'seller' system where sellers need to be verified who they are and where they live and whatnot...it dosent seem to be to hard..

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2003, 01:19:21 AM »
PopSensation
Glasgow
Scotland
UK

Wanted : Buckets of hagis and a set of bag pipes for four of us whisky drinking slobs.

We require someone who will sell us knock off whisky (Bells prefered) but as long as we can get smashed from it any will do.

Send us a email.
Posted 30/4/03

URL

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2003, 10:21:12 PM »
I feel that (after reading about half this topic) there is a demand for, and definitely a place for, a neutral center for e-trading sites.

Basically my idea is:
Somebody sets up a bunch of  cheap warehouses.  For a small charge you can use this service (perhaps percentage on small items flat on large/expensiver) you send the item there, other person sends money (or vice versa) on both items, on the outside, a number that the warehouse company gives them. They check that they got all of the cash (both people must say yes to an online form, which could be held online for about a week) and the proper items. Then, they take the addresses they got (since every transaction will have its own identity number complete with all of this info.) and ship the money and products to the proper locations.

If not, they send out mail stating they haven't recieved  either x or y (money or items) and hold the stuff until its reclaimed. (So if you no get your money, you can 'recall' your property and vice versa)

Anyone want to do this, it just makes so much sense, so many less scams.
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo