Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Specific questions regarding Tabor/A1222 hardware  (Read 10859 times)

Description:

Offline outlawal2

Re: Specific questions regarding Tabor/A1222 hardware
« on: July 23, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »
These are all great questions...

I am concerned if we will ever see the Tabor in the wild at all considering all of the legal issues currently going on.
Anyone have any info at all regarding the Tabor and whether it has been killed or not?

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:18:24 PM »
Thanks for that!
Will check back in August..

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 04:15:26 PM »
Even if it is produced in Britain, many if not most of the components are coming from China or thereabouts and obviously anything coming from that part of the world right now will be affected by the Coronavirus situation.  I read an article the other day talking about how many of the components that we use for pharmaceuticals here in the US are sourced from China and that things are going to get sketchy soon regarding the ability to get the prescription drugs we need.

I have been chomping at the bit for the Tabor literally for years now, but there are certainly more important things happening currently that will affect it.
We have waited this long, waiting a bit longer due to some REALLY rare circumstances isn't important considering all of the ramifications.

At least that is my take on things anyway.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 09:24:19 PM »
That is a good point too Tribble.
I guess we will have to wait and see.

As usual!
 ;)

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 09:08:30 PM »
So I received my email from Amiga Kit with my serial# with the instruction to register said serial at the following link.
https://www.amisphere.com/download/a1222plus_early_adopter.php

It failed as I did not already have a login.  OK, fine I am good with that, I go to the main site and create a new login and it still fails.
Never received the confirmation email they said I would receive and I cannot login at all.   Also no way to reach anyone regarding this issue.

ZERO information on the page if you do have issues and no recourse whatsoever.

So exactly HOW do we register our serial # if the website will not allow logins using the account that was created specifically to do so?

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »
I created an account and it does not work. Has nothing to do with the email from Amigakit.
I created the account and now when I use the exact same name and password it does not work.  Again has nothing at all to do with whether I received an email from Amigakit, that was only included to show the progressions of events.

Regardless, the account I created does not work and no way to reach anyone regarding this issue

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:23:26 PM »
So It asks me what I want my login to be and I provide it and then when finished it gives out a completely different ID that is used to login?  And exactly how does it provide this phantom ID?  I say Phantom because it did not show one when I signed up and as I had mentioned already I have not received anything from them since the account creation.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »
Well since I have never seen a system that disregards what your requested login is I guess I am screwed because now that I can't see the ORIGINAL EFFING SCREEN I have no way to determine what my login is.

Another awesome and brilliant Amiga Land system.
Totally non standard account creation and sign on and if any issues whatsoever ZERO recourse.
Effing Brilliant

And for the record I am a Systems Engineer supporting thousands of PCs, servers and network equipment so I have a *little* knowledge about such things.

This is assinine

Thanks for your help just the same

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 02:12:56 AM »
NINJA, yep sounds good but the email never arrives..
Thanks for the try though I appreciate it!