Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 50280 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:04:32 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;743250
While I have no intention to bash the x1000, any complete system costing more than 500 euro is unrealistic. This is a hobbyist machine, and most people have limited amount of money when it comes to hobbies.

This is the problem with wanting to use AOS4.x series, you are going to have to pay serious amount of money for a system.  If you have to have AOS4.x, pay the money and be happy but please stop complaining.  There are very cheap (to free) alternatives that are readily available that are at a minimum, equal to AOS4.x experience.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
Quote from: MicroStrand;744004
I think the real problem is not the money, it actually is the contradictory philosophy behind it. On the one hand we see the decision for a much better hardware architecture, but on the other hand, the unwillingness to consistently look forward. In the long run was just that in many ways a tactical mistake. So I think the X1000 would be particularly for potential programmers a much more interesting business field, if one were to focus solely on the actual hardware, rather than remain permanently backward compatible.

It's always about money.  With the money, you can do anything including breaking from the past as Apple did when it jumped to PPC and then to X86.  Without it, you stuck in quicksand, sinking as the rest of the world moves forward.

Yes, Hyperion landscape is littered with tactical mistakes that have come back to bite them.  Perhaps they will be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat at AmiWest as the clock ticks toward them becoming irrelevant.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.