Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga forever 6.0 Problems!!  (Read 2640 times)

Description:

Offline Thomas

Re: Amiga forever 6.0 Problems!!
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 30, 2004, 08:02:49 AM »

Nobrakes wrote:
HI

I purchased clonato amiga forever 6.0 the online edition but it  does not want to install!! first i had a error "windows 16 bit sub system" and the installation stopped but i resovled this by replacing the autoexec.nt file in c:\windows\system 32 now the installation is working but then it stops because it is saying that i do not have enough free space!! :-o when i have an 80g hd nearly empty :pissed:  any one has any idea??

It's probably the >2GB issue. You have two possibilities:

1. create a link to the installer and in the properties tell it to be Win98 compatible

or

2. create a *big* file on the partition (about 2GB) so the remainder of dividing the free space by 4GB drops below 2GB. You can use WinUAE's Create Hardfile function for this.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline K7HTH

• Show only replies by K7HTH
    • http://NewPeopleString.com
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 08:33:29 AM »

Thomas wrote:

It's probably the >2GB issue.

I agree. You may want to make a smaller partion on your HD to a size under 2GB and make that smaller partitioned drive as the AF mount drive (from within the program) and you should have no more problems. Unless you have Partition Magic you will have to back up your HD before you add partitions for obvious reasons.
Own the Web... Go PeopleString! It\'s Huge!!

Offline CaptChaos

• Show only replies by CaptChaos
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 01:29:47 AM »
I had the same prob... seemed to only install after a fresh reboot for some reason.

Offline CatHerder

• Show only replies by CatHerder
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 11:13:07 AM »

Nobrakes wrote:
HI

I purchased clonato amiga forever 6.0 the online edition but it  does not want to install!! first i had a error "windows 16 bit sub system" and the installation stopped but i resovled this by replacing the autoexec.nt file in c:\windows\system 32 now the installation is working but then it stops because it is saying that i do not have enough free space!! :-o when i have an 80g hd nearly empty :pissed:  any one has any idea??

Sounds to me like you have a corrupt command.com, autoexec.nt or config.nt.

Here's how to fix this.

Shove your WinXP CD in the drive and follow these instructions.

To resolve this issue, type the following commands at a command prompt to expand the Autoexec.nt, Command.com, and Config.nt files from the Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installation CD-ROM to the Windows\System32 or Winnt\System32 folder. Press ENTER after you type each command. When you type these commands, replace cd-rom with the letter for your CD-ROM drive, drive_letter with the drive letter for your system partition, and system_root with the name of your Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 folder (this is typically either Winnt or Windows). After you type these commands, restart your computer:

[color=800000]expand cd-rom:\i386\config.nt_ drive_letter:\system_root\system32\config.nt[/color]

[color=800000]expand cd-rom:\i386\autoexec.nt_   drive_letter:\system_root\system32\autoexec.nt[/color]

[color=800000]expand cd-rom:\i386\command.co_   drive_letter:\system_root\system32\command.com[/color]

The above would look like this if your CDROM was E: and your bootdrive was C:

expand e:\i386\config.nt_ d:\windows\system32\config.nt

Hope that fixes it for you.
[color=000099]CatHerder[/color][/i]
Go Graphical Website Design is what I do.
My eBay World <- Amiga swag, if any.

Offline diamond

• Show only replies by diamond
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 11:58:22 PM »
now i don't feelall alone because  I've had nothing but trouble trying to made AF 6 work ??

diamond

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2004, 08:18:47 AM »
Can't use just install WinUAE and then use th ROMs from your AF pack.

Offline NobrakesTopic starter

• Show only replies by Nobrakes
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2004, 01:43:58 PM »
And Where are you going to find the roms if the af 6 pack  does not want to install :-? But any way i solved the problem by installing the pack on an other pc running also xp but with no sp2 and copied the files on a cd and then putted them on my pc and it works fine!!
Amiga 1200 Blizzard  030 with 32mb fast ram,OS 3.9,Easy,Netpcmcia wireless network card,cdwriter and 10 gig hd...registered Make cd,ibrowse,amirc,whdload,ide fix 97
:flame: Back to the future

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2005, 11:44:43 AM »

Nobrakes wrote:
HI

A little late, but HERE's the sollution for the problem with the 16-bit subsystem.
Beating the dead horse since 2002.