Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Prometheus in A4000T
Prometheus in A4000T
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: This is my homebrew prometheus modification.

In an A4000T, the PCI boards in the prometheus conflict with the disk module, meaning you have to install it in the bottom zorro slot, thus obscuring all the other zorro slots. Alternatively you can invest in a right-angle pci adapter, and just cover up most of your zorro slots.

My pcb is a simple zorro extender which "moves" the top zorro slot back 50mm and up 48mm inside the A4Kt case. This allows the Prometheus to be used in the top zorro slot without conflicting with the disk module. Additionally, the top pci slot is vertically positioned such that a long pci board (eg Voodoo5) can be used in the top slot, and sits just above the drive cage.

PCB cost around £15 for three pieces, including delivery from the US. Zorro slot was a gift from JaQube (Thankyou!). A bit of solder, flux and patience were used during assembly. The PCB was trimmed using a Dremmel.
Picture Stats:
Views: 1757
Filesize: 253.52kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Boot_WB at May 25, 2008, 01:42:21 AM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (2)

Boot_WB
May 26, 2008, 10:43:25 PM
It seems to work completely ok (aside from my Voodoo5 problem, but I'm pretty sure that's software related.

There is no crossover of data lines with power lines, so I don't see that adding a central ground plane would really make any difference.

I've got two spare pcbs - one is on offer to someone, the other is spare (Are you interested? If so, cost is only postage to Spain).
I'd be happy to order more if there is any demand, but I'd imagine the demand is pretty low for this particular configuration of hardware. Also, I don't have a source for any more zorro edge connectors. I'll probably just upload the gerber files for the pcb to Aminet once I've made a couple of final tweaks.
Crumb
May 26, 2008, 12:30:31 PM
sweet!

If we take into account ZorroIII boards are supossed to use more layers to avoid intereferences... does it work completely ok?

do you plan to produce more adaptors?