Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers being Release April 16th  (Read 19002 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Aaaand yep, blatant pitching of this as a way to increase site traffic. I look forward to the point when Our Beloved New Site Owner starts trying to achieve Facebook [strike]assimilation[/strike] integration, or some other crap designed to increase traffic. I've already watched better sites self-destruct in pursuit of pageviews; I don't look forward to that happening here, but the way things have been going in recent months, I can't say I'd be surprised.

Anyway, I'm still holding out to see whether he means every question, or simply "every question on the cherry-picked list."

"Remember, kids, it doesn't matter whether it's good or bad, important or irrelevant, despised or beloved - the only measure of value is how many people are looking at it!"
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
Re: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers being Release April 16th
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;688085
Since it will be PG, showing one boob will be allowed.
One boob, eh? Barry's got that role filled.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »
Quote from: Optimus;688375
Their own forum probably has 1/10 the amount of traffic than Amiga.org , and it's horribly slow.

We should ask Barry to post his response there and watch it crash.
Are you suggesting their servers "can't handle the traffic!?" ;D

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
Well, it's now 10:15 CST, and still nothing.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;688820
You seem to do a awful of visits and sucking up for a non-employee.  Is there something about you that puts them off hiring you?
Yeah: he hasn't bought a VIC Slim ;D

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:52:13 AM »
Quote from: pixie;688938
I know Dammy, not only from here, I know him from Moo and AW, please, do tell.
For the sake of clarification, the problem with dammy (at least on A.org, I don't know about Moobunny or AmigaWorld) is that he has spent the last year actively spamming for CUSA here - every thread he's started since this one last March has been a plug for them. Either he's affiliated with them as a PR spammer (though he claims not to be an employee) or he makes a hobby out of spamming for a fly-by-night outfit selling ludicrously-priced, poorly-built PCs under the name of a dead computer company and brands that they have nothing in common with; either way, he's persistently annoying, and rude about it to boot.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:49:47 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;688949
even though the CUSA thread is buried in the back of the site and hidden from view, you still go in there and crap all over the place. Now that's rude, obnoxious behavior. You might want to take a look in the mirror before you start talking crap about other people.
These threads show up in the "new posts" viewer, which is the only place I really look for forum activity. I don't hunt them down as you seem to think.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;689036
Nobody knows what C= would have been if not bankrupt but I suppose that they will be doing PC under windows because of the reality of economics. Strange thing is that C=USA are just doing that but many don't buy it weird isn't it?
Kamel
I don't really give a damn what they would or wouldn't have done - Commodore never really understood the value of what they had anyway. If they had decided to suddenly turn a unique and elegant system into just another clone of a slipshod computer running a slipshod OS, I'd be just as uninterested as I am now. I don't understand why so many people here don't get this: it's the thing that matters, not the name.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
Quote from: dammy;689062
No, I doubt you would want to take that long task of counting every hate filled post you have submitted on AO and AWN to my few posts.
I'm not a poster on AWN. Is someone impersonating me there? Or is it just a coincidental sharing of username?

I'm also not sure where you're getting "hate-filled" from. I vehemently disagree with the things CUSA says and does, and I consider you a spammer because of your spamming, but frankly I don't have the energy to expend real hatred on you. If "says mean things about a company I like" counts as "hate-filled" to you, then I guess there's no way around that.

As of late, I'm mostly defending against lies and smears against my person as you seem to think it's OK to build up lies (like your post above) against me and then blame me for spamming those lies against me.
I beg your pardon, but what in that post was a lie? I said that every thread you started since the thread I linked has been a shill for CUSA. This is demonstrably true. Have a look, if you don't believe me. The other stuff is speculation, but it's admitted speculation, and if you want to clear up exactly what the nature of your relationship with CUSA is, I'll withdraw even that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:17:22 PM by commodorejohn »

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »
Quote from: dammy;689093
How else could one explain your none stop attacks/trolling when the subject comes up, even in a hidden subboard.  It's not like you are just posting a single post, you just keep hammering away, like a good little troll.
As I've said before, when a subject comes up that I have an opinion on, I engage in the discussion about it. If that's trolling, I'm not sure how every single member here isn't a troll by that standard. But whatever.

I don't know WTF you are going on about, I've posted what, two/three (one was a separate update of another thread that I am counting) threads, in a hidden subboard no less, since Nov yet you and a hand full of others are continuing to troll along spewing hate and blame me for activity that I haven't been doing?
I'm not blaming you for anything you haven't been doing. I said that every thread you've started since last spring has been a CUSA shill. Every thread. 100%. (And a sizeable percentage of your overall activity here in that time.) I'm not blaming you for the death of John Lennon, the continued existence of the Madagascar franchise, or the price of tea in China - I'm talking about your activity here, on this forum.

As far as my relationship as of today with C=USA, I am a friend of Barry and Leo, and I am a supporter of C=USA.  Soon as they produce a tower Commodore Amiga, I will be a customer of C=USA.    I know, that really pisses you off, but it is what it is and I have a feeling you enjoy being pissed off.  I wouldn't have posted as nearly as much in this thread if you and others were not attacking me personally for no freaking reason other then a need to take a continuous crap on someone.
Fair enough. But just for the record, I'm not pissed off by your liking CUSA. (Baffled, yes, but not pissed off.) I am somewhat irritated by the fact that shilling for them is very nearly all you do here.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;689277
Nothing is good enough, is it?  If Barry said tomorrow that he was going to drop the Amiga and Commodore name you all would demand that he pay to recall all the "Affronts to the Holy Name" and pay double!
If he'd shut up and go away and find a different way to sell his overpriced PC clones than to appropriate the name of something he hasn't got squat to do with, that'd be plenty good enough, thanks.