Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Glow icons on OS 3.1.4  (Read 7348 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: Glow icons on OS 3.1.4
« on: April 24, 2020, 07:18:11 PM »
You can also use the Info window (RAmiga+I) to replace icons. Just drag the new icon over the one in the Info window, hit save, and you're done. I like this method because 1) it preserves all your positioning/snapshotting settings (in contrast to replacing the entire .info file) and 2) it doesn't require typing exact filenames into the shell.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 08:05:18 PM »
You can also use the Info window (RAmiga+I) to replace icons. Just drag the new icon over the one in the Info window, hit save, and you're done. I like this method because 1) it preserves all your positioning/snapshotting settings (in contrast to replacing the entire .info file) and 2) it doesn't require typing exact filenames into the shell.
works great but won't work on a CD Drive as I'm getting 'drive is write-protected' when I click save.
If you want to change/modify the default CD0: icon (the one that appears on the Workbench), that's ENVARC:Sys/def_cd0.info.
If a CD has its own Disk.info, that will override the default icon, however.

The following users thanked this post: klx300r

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 05:43:00 AM »

checked that cdo.info in envarc and it does shows the CD icon but dammit all the CD's I burned years that don't have any icon.info file on them always show up as a disk but not CD??

Two possibilities come to mind:

1) I may have spoken too quickly. This feature is in 3.5/3.9. I can’t recall if it’s been backported to 3.1.4.

2) Is your CD device actually called “CD0” or is it called something else like “CD”? You’ll need to rename/clone the deficon to match.