Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Sonic the Hedgehog Amiga Fangame Project  (Read 6979 times)

Description:

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show all replies
Re: New Sonic the Hedgehog Amiga Fangame Project
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »
@ Rebel-CD32

8-)  8-)  8-)

I started a thread requesting Sonic for the Amiga a few months ago and was helped to find the emulator AmiGenerater for my A4000/PPC. However, I then didn't want my daughter switching on such a valuable machine all the time to play Sonic, and had to ban her from doing it. I've just dowloaded the file above and tried it on her A1200 Desktop with Blizzard 030/50 on a Philips CM8833 monitor. It's fantastic!!! Many thanks indeed  :-)  :-)  :-)
:cheers:
A4000 Mad

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »

Rebel-CD32 wrote:
A4000_Mad, I hope your daughter enjoys the game, we'll certainly try our best to make some fun levels for it. How well did Sonic run on the PPC? That's something I'd love to see.

Just checked again and it runs at perfect speed using a CSPPC at 233Mhz. A CD32 control pad is the only supported joystick with AmiGenerator and works great. I'm using screenmode 'CVision3D: 320x240 8bit' which displays the game at full screen size on a PC monitor with the A4000. But I would say that your version of Sonic looks and sounds a bit better on the A1200 Desktop with Philips CM8833 :-)
A4000 Mad

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:35:44 AM »
@ Rebel-CD32

I'll download the new file and give it a go. Many thanks again for all you have done :pint:

@ pan1k

I tried to create a little Make CD tutorial in the 4th post down of THIS thread :-)
A4000 Mad

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 05:56:31 PM »
The likes of Zool and Superfrog are great, but there is something extra special about Sonic The Hedgehog IMO. My eldest daughter played it when she was little and I thought it would be nice if my other daughter (6) could play it on her Amiga if possible.

Personally, I really enjoyed being the yellow Super Sonic and flying around on the Wing Fortress level of Sonic 2 :-D

I've just dug out the cheat on the page of a mag that I had stored inside the Sonic 2 cartridge in case anyone is interested.

Level select:

Go to the options screen and select Sonic on his own. Now go to the sound test and play the tunes 19, 65, 09 and 17. If you've done it correctly you'll hear a ping on the last tune. Return to title screen and select a one player game while holding down A. You'll now go to a menu with all the levels.

Super Sonic:

Get to the level select as above and go to the sound test. Play 04, 01, 02 and 06. Now when you collect 50 or more rings on a level, press B and C together and you will become Super Sonic.

:-)
A4000 Mad