Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kiki speaks of her Video Toaster/Amiga heritage  (Read 7927 times)

Description:

Offline Pentad

Re: Kiki speaks of her Video Toaster/Amiga heritage
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:29:50 AM »
She said that she lost all of her 'Toaster' money when she left NewTek with Tim and Paul.  Then -I think- that company started to have problems (Play, Inc.?) and then Paul Montgomery died and Tim left.

I know this is going to sound harsh but she reminds me of the popular-hot-cheerleader in high school that -after graduation- isn't quite sure what to do since you can't get a job being a popular-hot-cheerleader.

Wonder what happened to Laura Longfellow?  Now she was the real Amiga Party Queen!  ;-)
Linux User (Arch & OpenSUSE TW) - WinUAE via WINE

Offline Pentad

Re: Kiki speaks of her Video Toaster/Amiga heritage
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
Kiki and the Amiga:

"NewTek should have dropped the Amiga like old luggage years ago." - Kiki Stockhammer (1995 Fall COMDEX)

After leaving Newtek, Kiki had a brief fling with failed company Play Inc, which led to this second quote:

"Well, all the brains at Newtek just felt that it was a complete waste of time to stay with such a dead platform like the Amiga. That is why we left the company and started Play Inc." - Kiki Stockhammer (1995 Fall COMDEX)

2.How did you end up in Warp 11?

Well, after I lost all of my money on Play Inc., I thought, "Hey, I'm a diva to geeks and losers already, why not beat that horse some more."

AND MY FAVORITE:

4.How'd you first get involved with Newtek back in the day?
I used to hang around a lot of college dorms and frat houses. When some of the guys finished school, they remembered me. I was called Kiki "Cock"Hammer back then.

You can read more about her here:

http://amigairc.amigarevolution.com/kiki.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:04:13 PM by Pentad »
Linux User (Arch & OpenSUSE TW) - WinUAE via WINE