Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jumpstart AROS devlopment  (Read 4119 times)

Description:

Offline amigean

• Show all replies
Re: Jumpstart AROS devlopment
« on: February 18, 2004, 11:50:08 PM »
I agree with melott (and it is only my opinion - well and his) :-)

Melott is quite right that it is the Amiga user AROS is (primarily) intended for...

68k support would be a good stepstone to get people to migrate - once there then x86 specific code can be developed further

it doesn't have to be amithlon, but compatibility never harmed any software

btw - Great job Matt and the others, keep it up.... I wish I could write code! :-(

Offline amigean

• Show all replies
Re: Jumpstart AROS devlopment
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 02:09:22 AM »
perhaps an idea would be to host AROS 'shows' in various venues to raise awareness - however I believe this can only be done when we have something to show that can do more than AROS does today

the fact that a native gcc compiler now exists for AROS should in theory make porting easier. So my guess is that we might soon be seeing people recompiling familiar software for AROS...

another idea would be to approach ex-amiga entusiasts/developers (not companies) - by emailing them directly and drawing their attention to the existence of AROS...

targetting young talented programmers with loads of time on their hands could also be useful: university campuses can be a good source of such people - what about making posters that all of us who go to university (or live near one) could put on billboards on their uni's IT departments?

I could certainly help with the above if we were to be co-ordinated somehow