Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any plans to increased the AmigaNG software?  (Read 5893 times)

Description:

Offline kamelitoTopic starter

Any plans to increased the AmigaNG software?
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »
@AmigaKit/Trevor,

Since it's difficult to develop new software that are commercially attractive at least to new users wouldn't it be simpler and faster to buy well known Amiga software source code to port them ? (they could be improved in a 2nd phase).
Any plan regarding this?
It has been proven to be possible for example regarding Dopus Magellan II.

Regards
Kamelito

Offline amigakit

Re: Any plans to increased the AmigaNG software?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:09 PM »
Watch this space.  

I addition to developing AMIStore, we have been talking to developers for the last 6 months and negotiating deals for new content and also popular older Amiga software with a view on modernising it and developing it further.  We realise that Amiga users like their favourite classic applications and would like to see them enhanced to run on new hardware.  As we conclude deals, we will publish the news here.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline carvedeye

• Show only replies by carvedeye
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;775214
Watch this space.  

I addition to developing AMIStore, we have been talking to developers for the last 6 months and negotiating deals for new content and also popular older Amiga software with a view on modernising it and developing it further.  We realise that Amiga users like their favourite classic applications and would like to see them enhanced to run on new hardware.  As we conclude deals, we will publish the news here.

That's great news :)
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline kamelitoTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »
Excellent!

Offline amigakit

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »
Any particular preference of classic software ?

Offline carvedeye

• Show only replies by carvedeye
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 11:57:38 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;775217

How about a new Deluxe Paint?
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline amigakit

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 12:01:05 AM »
We should have something similar soon...

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 01:32:31 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;775217

I know we have a Blender port but I would love to see an updated version of Lightwave 3D for our miggies i.e something that we don't have to go crazy promoting screen modes etc.
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline slayer

• Show only replies by slayer
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 02:33:24 AM »
Now this is a great endevour

I know there was supposed to be an Imagine AmigaOS4.x version but for some reason it never saw the light of day... I wonder if that could be considered, you know I'd be good for a purchase there :hammer:

I'd love (and I rarely say love :roflmao:) to see a DPaint version too but I don't think similair will be the same unfortunately, it might be me but it needs to actually be DPaint I think, I could be wrong, I hope so :drink:

Another one I'd like to see is ArtDeptPro, even if we could make 2.5.1 work on AmigaOS4.x that would be great, it used to work in earlier versions but as we progressed it just stop. ProControl would be a nice addition too...

Cheers ;-)
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x

Offline amigakit

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »
One of the essential things identified is porting back the changes on the AmigaOS 4 version to the AmigaOS 3 version. Paying developers is very expensive in terms of the number of potential sales in the Amiga market at this point of time. So maximising the user base is essential for these projects to be commercial sound and at least break-even.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 10:39:27 AM »
Quote from: klx300r;775221
I know we have a Blender port but I would love to see an updated version of Lightwave 3D for our miggies i.e something that we don't have to go crazy promoting screen modes etc.

lightwave3d hit the version 11, a copy costs 1500$. how exactly you want to convince a commercial entity to port its major application to a platform they likely dont even know about and that would gain them few sales, if any. nit speaking about that 3d modelling and rendering heavily depends on fast floating point parallel computing, said platfoem has no supüort for.

Offline AAACHIPSET

• Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »
new tables for pinball illusions ??  i can dream
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 10:49:32 AM »
Quote from: slayer;775223
I'd love (and I rarely say love :roflmao:) to see a DPaint version too but I don't think similair will be the same unfortunately, it might be me but it needs to actually be DPaint I think, I could be wrong, I hope so :drink:

take grafx2. its dpaint inspired, but much improved utility, it it ideal for producing low color planar gfx such as amiga icons, and you have a good workflow and control over almost anything i can think of. i lately used it so i speak from experience. there is os4 version afaik and an amiga port, even though it has a single rather minor issue and may have not been released.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;775235
One of the essential things identified is porting back the changes on the AmigaOS 4 version to the AmigaOS 3 version. Paying developers is very expensive in terms of the number of potential sales in the Amiga market at this point of time. So maximising the user base is essential for these projects to be commercial sound and at least break-even.

so you are advocating porting os4 back to amiga (68k) in order to increase the potential developers pool? is there actually any agreement about that, because the politics were exactly the opposite all these years and genuine amiga has been treated as an abandoned obsolete platform worth no support. i am afraid, it might be too late for such an attitude change to have an actual effect.

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »
I know some people are not going to like me asking this (and others will be grateful), but do you plan to port these software to MorphOS and/or AROS as well?

I guess a regrettable "no" would make sense since A-EON/Amigakit is, for perfectly natural reasons, AmigaOS 4 centric. On the other hand a "yes" answer would also make sense since the potential revenue would at least double (fair estimate but not a scientific one).