Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hatfield and McCoy (AO & AW) feud is over.  (Read 7974 times)

Description:

Offline Billsey

• Show all replies
    • http://billsey.christian.net
Re: Hatfield and McCoy (AO & AW) feud is over.
« on: August 23, 2003, 02:31:03 PM »
The interesting observation here, is the similarity between us all. No matter the background, people remember the past. As has been said in the past, many believe that to continue doing the same things while expecting different results is insanity. They remember that and forget that people do change. More importantly, so many people are so reluctant to publicly look in the mirror and honestly point out their own faults instead of trying to put the blame somewhere else.

This is not even to mention those individuals who do “drive-by's” only to sit back and watch the carnage. Their repentance would be paramount in the successful healing of wounds—and I do mean public repentance. I speak of both the artful and the clumsy; the “wish-they-were's” and the CEO's. This community will never heal until the behavior I speak of stops.

It is indeed difficult to know someone else's heart, but their own actions give solid evidence as to the content of their character. No matter how hard you try to cover your path, the truth eventually comes out.

It would be easier for all parties if the leopards would change. Spots can be changed with paint, but that doesn't change the heart, and the source of behavior is the heart—i. e. the content of your character—but we must trust that change is indeed happening (since we cannot see the heart), until behavior tells us otherwise; then we must be intelligent in our response. Our response must be the path that will bring the most effective healing—not the path most satisfying to the emotions.

“Drive-by's” are bound to happen, but, please, think before you type.
\\"The chief tormentor of the damned will be the conscience and it will not be misinformed, and it will not be silenced.\\"     John MacArthur
Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone
\\"I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the