Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ADF files in OS3.2  (Read 1449 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show only replies by bradhansen1
ADF files in OS3.2
« on: July 30, 2022, 10:58:46 PM »
Hi all, a couple of questions about ADF files. 1.Is there a way to edit the
startup sequence to automatically mount ADF files from Workbench? 2. How come when I mount ADF files in OS3.2 they are "Write Protected?"
Appreciate any feed back.
Brad Hansen

*Frist time in a couple of years I am surfing with iBrowse on my A1200.

Offline AndyFC

Re: ADF files in OS3.2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 07:31:08 PM »
Hi Brad,
I want to confirm what you are aiming to do; do you want to mount the same adf file all the time (in which case the startup sequence can be edited to do that)? With a vanilla OS3.2 install simply double clicking an adf icon should mount it, but from your second question you appear to be mounting them already.

Re: read only files, single click the adf icon and right click to bring up the menu and look at the information for the adf. There is a tooltype 'writeprotected=no' but it's commented out with brackets by default. Remove the brackets and save and the disk should become read/write when mounted (just tested on my OS 3.2 setup with a couple of random adf files).

Lastly, great that you are online with your A1200. How did you do it in the end after your problems with plipbox and then the pcmcia card you tried?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:33:48 PM by AndyFC »
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro