Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Inspiron 1200, LiteStep, Amiga Theme, & MicroXP.  (Read 1144 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Inspiron 1200, LiteStep, Amiga Theme, & MicroXP.
« on: February 08, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »
I needed a portable, low energy, Windows machine to occasionally pull out and use to back up the audio bits I've created on my Korg KP3 and Kaossilator, as well as to program them, and some of my other gear which is something that can ONLY be done in Windows or OS X at this time sadly.

Considering the Windows 8 tablets are unjustifyably high for my needs, I resorted to picking up a Dell Inspiron 1200 off Ebay for $35 shipped.

Eventually I'll probably max out the RAM, and put a faster hard drive in it, but all in all, it's always going to be a minalist machine due to it's slow CPU (1.3Ghz Celeron) and low BUS speed. That being said, I'm going to install microXP (single user edition) and replace Microsoft's shell with Litestep.

What I am looking for now is the Amiga theme for Litestep. There used to be one out there, but I can no longer find any links for it. Anyone have it?

I'm not sure it's the them I'll stick to, but I at least want it in my collection.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs