Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FixBoard030 1.0 released  (Read 754 times)

Description:

Offline SpeedGeekTopic starter

FixBoard030 1.0 released
« on: February 01, 2023, 11:36:45 AM »
FixBoard030 1.0 ©SpeedGeek 2023

INTRODUCTION:
FixBoard030 is a MMU tool which supports the AmigaOS CPU FastROM
command. It will mark the specified Zorro2 spaces as Cache Inhibit. This tool should enable BridgeBoard users to obtain much better Amiga system performance than most previously used MMU tools provided. Most Zorro2 I/O Boards are not affected by the 68030 CIIN feature (bug) and won't need this tool but BridgeBoards are a notable exception. Also, some BridgeBoards are using the Zorro2 Fast RAM space as I/O space.

FEATURES:
- Marks $E80000 space as cache inhibit
- Marks $A00000 space as cache inhibit
- Marks unused Zorro2 Fast RAM space as cache inhibit

REQUIREMENTS:
- 68030 CPU and MMU
- AmigaOS CPU command v44.4 (or older version)

DISCLAIMER:
Use at your own risk. No warranty expressed or implied, etc.

NOTES:
68EC030 user's are not guaranteed to have a functional MMU. But sometimes they do get a MMU which seems to be at least partially functional. So another case of your mileage will vary. Always remember, the "CPU NODATACACHE" option is a good alternative to the under-performing MMU solutions. Sorry, this tool will not fix any of the rare Zorro3 I/O Boards which may be affected by the CIIN feature (bug).

OS3.1.4+ USERS:
Unfortunately, the CPU command was downgraded with these versions so you will need to use an older version (see requirements). Also, if the 68030.library was installed then you will need to disable it to use CPU [FASTROM].

HISTORY:
v1.0 - First release
Here is the link:

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1593616#post1593616