Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!  (Read 11775 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Impressions/experience from a recent purchaser of AF16
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:36:26 PM »
Quote from: TheMagicM;800030
how useable is OS 4 on an emulator though? Meaning, how slow is it?

About as fast as OS3.x was on PPC UAE before we had a JIT version, so it's usable.  If someone writes a PPC uaegfx driver for p96 and a bsdsocket,library it'll be a lot more usable but Toni only does 68k stuff so it's up to someone else to do it.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:23:24 PM »
Quote from: kolla;800035
In stead of "hassling" with WinUAE, one could and should tweak Qemu to emulate something else that OS4 runs on, like Sam4x0 or Pegasos2.

On a related note there was a Hungarian guy making the required changes to the QEMU code that would enable MorphOS to boot on an emulated PowerMac G4 but I think he gave up. This was a couple of years ago IIRC.

http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2014-March/008183.html
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 03:08:44 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;800362
I'm using Xeon 1265l v3 3.7 and it FANTASTIC. Can anybody tell me how to test speed of this emulated system? Is there any "synthetic" benchmark? I tried SysSpeed but it is showing "crazy number".

I need to try in on my old Core 2 Duo 2.6 ghz :).

PS. Now you can gent Amiga OS 4.1 Classic directly from Clonto website as ISO + ADF :)

It's not to shabby on my 2.5GHz Bay Trail either tbh.

A UAEGFX P96 driver and bsdsocket.library emulation is all it needs really.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;800373
that, and the ability to support more than 128MB of memory -- although i don't know if the issue is with the OS itself or a limitation of the cyberstorm ppc emulation in UAE itself.

-- eliyahu

I vaguely remember Toni saying it's possible to emulate more ram on a csppc but OS4 needs changing to support it.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 04:33:48 PM »
Quote from: Aegis;800663
Anyone else getting this with the latest version of AF2016 (2016.0.24.0)?

Clicking 'OK' boots the .HDF just fine..?

I'm happy to see the Z3 768MB bug's fixed in the latest version though :)

You probably haven't installed a 68k filesystem to the RDB.

Edit: I can't read lol

Dunno, it's a weird one.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;804723
I can't imagine that Acube looks at this as 'sweet'.

Resistance is futile, you will be emulated. ;)