Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Duke3d speed  (Read 3793 times)

Description:

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: Duke3d speed
« on: November 03, 2003, 11:21:05 PM »

I dont think its going the speed it should on my voodoo 060 1200....Any help would be great,i have cyber patcher installed but dont know much about it? do ya just click on it to activate it?

Don't know what to tell you about cyber patcher. I runs quite fine on my Amithlon box.  :-D  Of course, that's a 1.4 Mhz machine.

One thing you should def try is lower the sound and go into the options menu and set the screen detail to low. That will help a bit, not sure how much though.

Also remember that the current version is .3. Don't expect too much from that. Dante's got alot of paying work to do, so anything he does for Duke is in his spare time.

I can't really see why you're getting such sour frame rates, though, especially with a Voodoo AND an 060...wish I could help you more. :-(
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: Duke3d speed
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 08:02:45 PM »
Duke Nukem 3D may wipe the partition/all of your Hard Drive, like me!  BEWARE!

CU,

I doubt that Duke repartitioned or wiped your drive, so much as it found a sector it didn't like on your drive. Everyone here knows that FFS wasn't that stable and I never found any bad sectors on my old drives, but can remember getting checksums that I could never fix.

You neet to calm down and BREATHE! You'll get it fixed. Stressing about it is only going to give you a heart attack and we all know that Amigas are notorious for giving high blood pressure.  :-o
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf