Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Technology Website now live!  (Read 20300 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: New A-EON Technology Website now live!
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
Quote from: utri007;553898

I'm sure that those people who see dick in that web site are homosexuals, that OK.

and women? oh, they wouldnt visit anyway..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »
Quote from: x303;554049

- 10 usb ports. Who need that much ???

i suppose that this indicates again that the board in question is genuinely or primarly meant for something else than running amiga os. there are a lot of strange things about this board, not even as if there were any compromises made, but more as if the board would target a completely different segment and the explanations that have been given, sound like mere excuses, than reflecting actually optimal design decisions made with amiga os and its philosophy in mind. at least it looks to me like that. very much like the sam solution.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
Quote from: persia;554098
THis is an interesting group.  This is probably the first time in history any one has winged about too *many* usb ports.  I have only 5 on my Mac and even with bluetooth keyboard and mouse I still am short of ports.  10 is about right.  +1 for A-Eon.

even though i agree that its not that bad to have 10 usb ports and i could even find use for most of them (2 alone occupied by lightwave and cubase dongle on my pc + 1 for wifi stick), but then what kind of devices are foreseen for these ports? i do not expect that i can use pc dongled software on x1000? and even then i havent seen many pc boards that sport so much usb ports right there. if i recall right usb 2 was discussed for natami and put away as it might be much cheaper to support existing pci card with a driver that anyway would have been written, something that sounds quite reasonable to me. and what about this compact flash card? who needs something like that inside the case? there is enough cheap and more flexible usb solutions that fit inside 3,5 inch bay. i really dont get it why to make a mainbord that complicated with things an average user might not need. is this going to justify the price?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;554193
http://utilitybase.com/

visiting there on a daliy basis because of warp3d fix thread i have never seen there anyone from hyperion, nor didnt they reply to questions directed to them neither in a thread nor per email.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
@tripitaka: looks to me like a total overkill, lol, why do you need two keybaords at the same time?
speaking of amigas: in my a4k i have a deneb with 4er 3,5ich internal hub built in. dvd writer hangs on the internal port, but this is just a lazy compromise, i havnt seen it woth to buy another acard adapter just to connect it, since i have usb im practically not writing any cds on amiga anymore. on the external hub i have a mouse and ocassionaly a pendrive or another external drive, never used all four at the same time.
the question is also where from the drivers come for all these devices, well, i run poseidon, you? ;D