Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Technology Website now live!  (Read 20351 times)

Description:

Offline NovaCoder

Re: New A-EON Technology Website now live!
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:34:16 AM »
I like the website actually, certain the most professional Amiga website we've had for years (ever) and no sign of any crappy snowman applications ;)

Good points:
CPU (ok faster is always better, but it could have been a 1.6Ghz!)
Customised case, keyboard and mouse (branding IS important, even to a niche market like this).

Bad points:
DDR2, yes it would have been nice to release a NEW motherboard which supported at least the CURRENT memory standard.

Questions/strange choices:
How much memory does it actually support?  I can see they intend to ship it with only 2GB but it has four slots.  If it only supports 2GB that's a bit weak, if it can support more (eg 4GB, 8GB), why don't they just sell it as such (or at least offer it as an option, memory is cheap after all).  Over on AmigaWorld.net there is a suggestion that you can only access the full memory (eg 4GB) when using both cores.

And another thing, why does it have a compact flash port?  Seems like a waste of time to me.  Although they are great thing for an old 1200, it doesn't make any sense here.  Just provide an internal USB so people (who feel the need) can plug in a cheap multi-card reader that supports ALL types of flash memory.

Anyway, good luck to all involved.....hope you get this new HW out on time for a ‘reasonable' price and without any major bugs (unlike the disastrous AmigaOne launch).

:)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:41:08 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!