Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Technology Website now live!  (Read 20130 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: New A-EON Technology Website now live!
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »
One ugly, unusable website.  Looks like it was designed by someone who has no concept of web design.  If there were a prize for bad website design, this site deserves nomination...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:11:03 PM »
For some of us it's disappointment.  I pretty much left Amiga in the '90s and returned to my old toys a few years ago.  I had gotten into Amiga in '85 because it was so far ahead of the pack.  I could do wonderful things with it.  I guess what I wanted was a modern version of that, something that would be ahead of the pack with new fresh ideas, not some slightly modernised parody of the past.  

There's nothing new here, nothing fresh, that to me was more Amiga than some clunky interface.  Amiga to me was an idea, simple computing with powerful hardware pushed to the max and beyond.  But it was also affordable.  Bang (darn you Cammy, I can't even use this metaphor without laughing) for the buck.  My 3000 was half the price of an equivalent Mac.  

Anyway, I'm move on eventually, the dream isn't going to happen, and I'll come to accept that eventually.  The website helps, it's ancient feel helps put Amiga back into history now.

Quote from: utri007;553652
There are lots of people who thinks that amiga price should be something like 100€, and moust of them haven't had amiga years now.

Their amiga hobby is that they spend time amiga forums telling to other people that they don't get it

Other part are those who doesn't understand that some people wants to use A OS 4 as their hobby OS, not morp os or aros

Personally, I just not interested Morp OS or Aros, but I'm not spend my time to crying that MorpH OS shoud go to x86 or that how poor hardware support is for Aros

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:59:48 AM »
The penis thing at the bottom of the a-eon.com is rather attention gathering, I have to admit.  Not sure it'll sell computers but it should make the news of the weird...

Quote from: koaftder;553760
I cracked a joke about the silly design of that website, and you have to admit, it really is silly. Is this really the end of the world, this one joke about the graphics?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 03:12:51 PM »
Is that another a-eon.com website pun?

Quote from: Varthall;553854
Probably you'd react differently, but I would not be happy if someone suggests me to bend over and get a d*ck, for reasons I don't agree btw.

Varthall
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:30:54 PM »
Actually the XMOS look interesting, I'm seriously thinking of plunking down 50 bucks and getting a usb interface so that I can play with them.

It actually mixes things up a bit, I have no interest in the X1000, but I really want to play with XMOS, so it expands the community beyond Amiga hardware/software.  Who know where that might lead?  Maybe XMOS is the future of the community.  It's cheap enough to get into and has a lot of interesting possibilities.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »
Yeah, it's a bit like fish fingers and custard.  They each server there own purpose but why bring them together?

Quote from: the_leander;553900
Way to not read my post.

Read and understand. The open source tools (if they can even be ported) only offer a tiny subset of the chips capabilities. And any graphics card you plug into the X1000 is going to be several orders of magnitude more capable on every level. So what exactly is the purpose of this chip on a desktop motherboard?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:15:10 AM »
I think you are right, the XMOS part is a puzzle.  It seems that XMOS are really designed to go on their own without a more powerful computer tied to them.  I don't the see value of their being mounted onto the motherboard.

It's not a very powerful system but it should do well with a lightweight OS.  Much better if they actually could make use of the second core at some point.  But 'tis enough for the target audience.  For years we've been saying forget about the world and target your core.  When they actually do that we blast them for it.  But it's the way to survive.  It's boutique computing and it works.

Quote from: Karlos;553939
To be honest, I can't really see what the XMOS will be useful for within the machine (as opposed to connecting custom stuff to it), but the rest of the spec seems quite nice for running OS4 on. The DDR2, PCIe and SATA are all reasonably "current" generation stuff so it seems like a decent enough step up from my A1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
The more usb the better in PCs or Macs, but are their drivers for 10 usb devices in OS4?

Audio is supposed to be something handled by the OS, you don't bang the hardware, you let the OS drive the hardware and you don't care what's there.

Yeah, SD cards of pretty much the standard for cameras and have the biggest capacity.

DDR2 seems self defeating, why start with memory that's already out of date?  Things get out of date by themselves pretty quick, why start that way?

Quote from: x303;554049
Hm, I thought the speed was gonna be a lot more than 1.6Ghz. 1.8 isn't exacty that much more.
- 10 usb ports. Who need that much ???
-7.1 channel HD audio. Does OS4.x or any other program support this many channels already ?
- 1x Compact Flash. Why not support sd cards too, by default. Almost any tower has multiple card support nowadays.
And why not use ddr3 ? For a machine that cost that much and still only use ddr2....

And what about wireless ?! Is this gonna be added too ?

:afro:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 07:14:41 PM »
THis is an interesting group.  This is probably the first time in history any one has winged about too *many* usb ports.  I have only 5 on my Mac and even with bluetooth keyboard and mouse I still am short of ports.  10 is about right.  +1 for A-Eon.

Quote from: x303;554088
If you wanna use more than x usb ports, use a decent usb hub, but don't just add 10 to the mainboard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 02:41:24 AM »
But keyboards nowadays are wireless surely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]