Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Technology Website now live!  (Read 20209 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: New A-EON Technology Website now live!
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 08:56:42 PM »
Quote from: kolla;553687
The specs are OK, but as long as the OS is not able to make good use of the hardware, it's all rather pointless. To call it high-end is wrong, there are far more powerfull powerpc systems around, it's a low/mid-end powerpc box in a huge casing.

It's "high end" in the same way the 060 is for a classic machine. There are much faster coldfire systems out there, but as they don't run AmigaOS, they aren't relevant when discussing what's high-end for an 68k based Amiga.

So, whilst it's true that there are more powerful PowerPC based systems available, a 1.8GHz PowerPC is still "high end" as far as OS4 compatibles go. After all, the fastest existing systems that can run OS4 are only about, what, 1.3GHz at most?

If it's "done right", this machine could be significantly faster by more than the difference in clockspeed from existing OS4 machines. A decent memory controller with DDR2 should help, as will SATA and PCIe expansion boards.
int p; // A

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2010, 09:14:21 PM »
Quote from: utri007;553652
There are lots of people who thinks that amiga price should be something like 100€, and moust of them haven't had amiga years now.

Their amiga hobby is that they spend time amiga forums telling to other people that they don't get it

Other part are those who doesn't understand that some people wants to use A OS 4 as their hobby OS, not morp os or aros

Personally, I just not interested Morp OS or Aros, but I'm not spend my time to crying that MorpH OS shoud go to x86 or that how poor hardware support is for Aros

No one is crying here, just people giving their opinion and maybe people that paid many euros for expensive hardware pieces years ago just supported by hopes, and maybe some of them are tired of this adventures.

But wait... if you just want blue or red forum its your opinion.
a1200 060

Offline TheGoose

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2010, 12:56:07 AM »
Quote from: BigBenAussie;553635
Oh man.... that monkey is freaking me out.

Yeah that monkey is wrong. Sysop god person please remove the monkey. I totally encourage all dick jokes but, crazy painful monkey hurts me.
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2010, 02:34:35 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;553619
The dick sliding into your browser is so freaking appropriate. Bend over all ye AOS4 faithfuls. They didn't design it this way by accident, I guarantee you. [/IMG]

wow..this is what amiga.org has come to:furious: :rolleyes:
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2010, 02:43:33 AM »
Quote from: klx300r;553759
wow..this is what amiga.org has come to:furious: :rolleyes:

I cracked a joke about the silly design of that website, and you have to admit, it really is silly. Is this really the end of the world, this one joke about the graphics?

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2010, 03:59:48 AM »
The penis thing at the bottom of the a-eon.com is rather attention gathering, I have to admit.  Not sure it'll sell computers but it should make the news of the weird...

Quote from: koaftder;553760
I cracked a joke about the silly design of that website, and you have to admit, it really is silly. Is this really the end of the world, this one joke about the graphics?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline jahc

• Show only replies by jahc
    • http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »

You directed it at OS4 users. I dont use OS3 anymore, havent for years, and dont have much of an interest in AROS either, but I cross compile for you guys because I feel its part of my job. It's not fun half the time, but I do it anyway. Lately the non OS4 versions have been lagging behind as I struggle to find time to do anything that isnt enjoyable when I'm not studying.. and comments like that feel like the icing on the cake for me.

Offline klx300r

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 04:39:55 AM »

I personally don't give a rats ass about web design but that comment about AmigaOS4 users is just plain uncalled for and I'm surprised it's tolerated on a site named "AMIGA.ORG".

@ jahc

I can understand your last comment and I personally respect the work AROS developers have recently put into its development (especially the latest Sam440 port :-))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:46:14 AM by klx300r »

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 05:40:13 AM »
You guys are whiners. I wrote the comment about the sticker shock with the monkey because it's my opinion that AOS4 users are getting taken for their money with all this A-Eon crap. It's also why I wrote the "bend over" comment as well.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 05:57:19 AM »
I would not take the comment about OS4 users personally, but shrug it off as such.  My interpretation of the comment is, if you want to run OS4 you have to pay exorbitant prices for hardware.  None the less, I do not use OS4 (yet, until I get my CSPPC repaired) but I -- as well as many others -- appreciate the effort developers put into supporting it.  The Amiga community has suffered fragmentation in the past, and it certainly would be difficult to survive another fracturing.

That said, I find the image of the monkey disturbing as well, knowing the context of the photograph itself, and only mildly relevant to the context of the comment made.  Now, having said that, I do not personally see a reason to remove it to sate me, though I can clearly understand where others would disapprove.  ::shrugs::

All in all, I do not abide this thread turning into YET ANOTHER piss-fest of attitudes and negativity towards anything promoted to or for the Amiga community.  If everything offered is attacked, then the motivation to produce anything better is diminished and ultimately it all dies.

So, for those of you producing, keep on, please.  For those of you casting your mighty heft of dispersions against newcomers, shove it.  If the product is shyt, it will die under its own weight.  At least some people are doing; what has your fat-headed arm-chair quarterbacking produced?

EDIT: I wanted to clear up that my intention is not to slam those with constructive and useful criticism.  Criticism is essential, and stating what some prefer or do not like is critical to producing good products.  I have seen some good comments in this thread, but my fear is that it has the potential to escalate much like other threads have recently.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:01:30 AM by LoadWB »

Offline klx300r

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 05:59:52 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;553776
You guys are whiners. I wrote the comment about the sticker shock with the monkey because it's my opinion that AOS4 users are getting taken for their money with all this A-Eon crap. It's also why I wrote the "bend over" comment as well.

classless comment yet again :(

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
Quote from: klx300r;553768
I personally don't give a rats ass about web design but that comment about AmigaOS4 users is just plain uncalled for and I'm surprised it's tolerated on a site named "AMIGA.ORG".

@ jahc

I can understand your last comment and I personally respect the work AROS developers have recently put into its development (especially the latest Sam440 port :-))

Oh grow up.  Mummy he called me bad things mummy.

As i said in another thread, there is no international agreement that stops people being offensive. And nobody has the right not to be offened by anyone or anything.  You really need to lighten up about this
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2010, 10:16:38 AM »
Could you have found a less disturbing picture, like the monkeys stealing luggage?
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »

It's better than this one I made a few years ago: http://voicesofaorg.extropia.co.uk/

At least you can resize the windows on the A-EON site :)
int p; // A

Offline skurk

• Show only replies by skurk
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »

...Wat?  I seem to recall that you whine on almost every OS4/Sam thread there is lately.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but come on.  Even I've noticed this.
Code 6502 asm or... DIE!!

[C64, C128, A500, A600, A1200, A3000, MBP+Mini, Efika/MOS2.1, Sam440 w/AOS4.1

Offline Varthall

• Show only replies by Varthall
« Reply #89 from previous page: April 16, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »

I think you should have chosen a better picture. And I believe OS4 users can decide how it is better to spend their money. If something is on your opinion a waste of money doesn't necessarily mean that it must be the same for others too.

Varthall
AmigaOne XE - AmigaOS 4.1 - Freescale 7457 1GHz - 1GB ram
MPlayer for OS4: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-amigaos/