Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A2000 Keyboard  (Read 912 times)

Description:

Offline hamtronixTopic starter

• Show only replies by hamtronix
A2000 Keyboard
« on: July 23, 2007, 03:15:38 AM »
Ive been messing about with my A2000 tonight and looking at my keyboard.

1) I like the A2000 keyboard. It weighs a bit but the feel is good. It feels good. My only complaint would be the twisty cord length. It is shortish.

2) I am amazed by the amount of space on the upper right of the keyboard. I put the Boing Ball that came with my order from software hut next tot he Amiga 2000 label. There is still acres of space. I think they could have cut off 3 inches by placing the Del Help under that numeric keypad and under that arrow keys.

anyway , hooray Amiga.
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!

Offline murple

• Show only replies by murple
    • http://www.murple.net
Re: A2000 Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:35:54 AM »
Yeah, the Amiga 2000 keyboard isn't really optimal. One thing that annoys the hell out of me is the lack of home/end and paging keys. The numeric keypad has the labels for them, but I can't get anything but numbers off it.

The placement of caps lock is horrible too... a wider control key and a more out of the way caps lock would be a big improvement.

And does that "Help" key do ANYTHING?

I agree with the cord sucking too.

I got some weird third party keyboard with my A2000... its like a PC keyboard but has toggle switches that let you set it for use with a PC, Amiga, and some others. I haven't really used it much yet, but I think I'll give it a shot.

Now if only there was an ergonomic Amiga keyboard too hehe...

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 06:48:19 AM »

murple wrote:
Yeah, the Amiga 2000 keyboard isn't really optimal. One thing that annoys the hell out of me is the lack of home/end and paging keys. The numeric keypad has the labels for them, but I can't get anything but numbers off it.

Home/end/PgUP/PgDn in numerical keypad works with all internet browsers!

The placement of caps lock is horrible too... a wider control key and a more out of the way caps lock would be a big improvement.

Actually I like how the keyboard looks. And you talk about a 20 years kb! If you see peecee k/b of that time, then you'll see an ugly-ass k/b.:lol:

And does that "Help" key do ANYTHING?

Yes, the key do a lot of things, if you install MUI and/or OS3.5/3.9. And when running certain games and other cool softwares, too.

I agree with the cord sucking too.

Make your own extensor cord, then!

Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:50:54 AM »
BTW: what you mean with "ergonomical"? Amiga keyboards are much more "soft" than a lot of other k/b laying around. :crazy:
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
Just get a PC XT keyboard extention cord!  I got a couple from a PeeCee junk yard and they work great.
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana: