Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you own a CD32 system?  (Read 2732 times)

Description:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: Do you own a CD32 system?
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
I had one back in the day when I was young, had my parent's whole basement to myself and owned like 15 computers, 10 of them Amigas.

I had the SX-1 and the weird modem/IR controller that went on the left hand side.  Played  Chaos Engine (even IF I had to unplug the SX-1 to get it to work proper) and Alien Breed Tower Assault.  The intro back then was awe inspiring and was the hook I need to get my older brother onto the Amiga bandwagon.

Ah, such good memories...
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: Do you own a CD32 system?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 01:35:07 PM »
Quote from: Tension;649972
On the contrary Franko, the CD32 nearly saved Commodore. The truth is they couldn't make them quick enough, and that combined with the North American patent royalty debacle meant that there weren't enough for the public to buy.

I really love the machine.

Such a bloody shame they couldn't produce enough of them to save themselves :(

:confused: What all this about the patent royalty debacle?  Never heard about this.  Someone please enlighten me.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?