Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 30th in California - photos and videos  (Read 4109 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Amiga 30th in California - photos and videos
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 03:32:33 AM »
Quote from: weiju;793242
@kamelito i remember that too, was that something about intuition and the code quality being an oxymoron ?

He said something like "Intuition is the only one-word oxymoron". :laughing:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 05:07:35 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;793250
During the showing on Sunday the producer specifically asked that no video or even still-photos be taken of the documentary, since he's still working on distribution and final editing and whatnot.  It was really, really good though, I can't wait to buy a copy to show my girlfriend.  Maybe once I show it to her she'll understand my obsession with the Amiga?

Nah, who am I kidding, she'll never understand that.  But I still can't wait to buy a copy for myself!  :lol:

I heard Dave Needle and a couple of guys grabbed Zack for a little while to iron out some chronological problems with the documentary.  That's actually pretty awesome and I think will make for an even better movie.  It's already 90 minutes, but I really hope that nothing gets taken out and it actually gets longer.  Those 90 minutes went by very fast and I was left wanting more.  Zack also said there are better graphics and rendering to be done for the final, but what's in it already looks really damn good.  I am definitely looking forward to its completion.

I'm lucky that my gf gets it.  Her dad used to run a comic shop and they went to the cons frequently and got to hang out with the likes of Todd McFarlane, and her take-away from those shows was the same as mine from Amiga 30.  I'm still working on my essay, I'm having to edit it a lot so it's not so fan-boyish and drool-filled :)

It's a shame the banquet wasn't streamed or otherwise recorded.  The round-table was great, as were the various stories.  Anyone who didn't well up even a little when Colin Proudfoot related the "Make-A-Wish" story, well, you simply must not have a soul.

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 05:10:59 AM »
Quote from: eliyahu;793247
AFAIK, no, the banquet wasn't streamed. just the presentations. i'm really glad we were able to see the roundtable. weiju also has a brief video of folks milling about at the beginning of the banquet. also, thanks for the link to the photos. i've added it to the top post of the thread.

Hey, you can see me in the video :)

And you're welcome; thanks for prominent placement.  I'm still going through everything and am posting up as I can.  As well, I'm going to combine the two AA3000 videos into one probably tomorrow.  Still going to be 320x240 resolution, but the video size itself will be larger due to the photo of the exhibit plate I will be putting in the beginning.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:27:55 AM by LoadWB »

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 06:53:41 AM »
Colin Proudfoot tells Commodore tales at the Amiga 30th banquet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH6iz4FkLtg

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 07:01:29 AM »
Quote from: mbrantley;793262
Colin Proudfoot tells Commodore tales at the Amiga 30th banquet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH6iz4FkLtg

Awesome.  So you're the Alabama guy I spoke to!

I was sitting with Colin Proudfoot, Anneke Leigh, and Allan Havemose at the banquet.  It was quite an honor.  I met another Amiga user and his wife -- I disappointingly cannot remember their names -- and we spoke for a while about Amiga, Commodore, and family.

One thing that struck me about the couple at our table was how his wife prodded him to talk more deeply about how the Amiga was such a part of his life, and smiled when she did so.  How amazing to have a spouse who encourages such a passion.

I'm going to watch all of these videos with my gf this weekend (though the 11 hours of presentations may be a little bit much for her, I'm going to watch all of them.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:08:40 AM by LoadWB »

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 07:15:11 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;793263
Awesome.  So you're the Alabama guy I spoke to!

I was sitting with Colin Proudfoot, Anneke Leigh, and Allan Havemose at the banquet.  It was quite an honor.  I met another Amiga user and his wife -- I disappointingly cannot remember their names -- and we spoke for a while about Amiga, Commodore, and family.

Hey, you must be the Florida guy I met! Hehe. I was at the same table I think but sat down late in the front and pretty much needed to turn my back on everyone to see the stage. I hope someone recorded and posts Bill Hart's remarks .... I was out of storage media for video by that late in the evening. :( Bill told stories I had never heard before.

EDIT: I am uploading a photo gallery from show prep that was done at Dale Luck's house.... be back shortly with a link. I have lots of photos from the show that I will start editing and posting tomorrow if I can.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:18:59 AM by mbrantley »

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 07:31:10 AM »
Here's my first set of photos from the Amiga 30th festivities in California this past glorious weekend....

http://www.thevideojunkie.com/Amiga30/showprep/

This is some behind-the-scenes show preparation going on in Dale Luck's back yard. Dale was one of the core OS engineers who helped create Amiga for us, and his home and yard and outbuildings and trailers and vehicles are LOADED with Commodore and Amiga history! It was a pleasure just being on the property!

Thank you, Dale, for giving me a Robocity poster from the 2nd Annual Developers Conference while everyone was packing up and clearing out of the Computer History Museum. I will get it framed and hang it in a place of honor in my home .... i.e., somewhere close to my Miggies. :)

I'll try to get some pictures from the show itself posted online tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:56:29 AM by mbrantley »

Offline eliyahuTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »
@rlake

thanks for the link to your photoset. hopefully one of the admins can get your account approved shortly. we've had quite a few new members sign up in the past few days.

@mbrantley

great to see the official show videos and photos getting posted. (i teared up at the end of the video of colin's talk). as expected, the quality is terrific. great job! i've gone ahead and added your links to the top post.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:11:30 PM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline AmiDelf

• Show only replies by AmiDelf
    • http://www.amitopiatv.com
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2015, 02:14:15 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;793258
Hey, you can see me in the video :)

And you're welcome; thanks for prominent placement.  I'm still going through everything and am posting up as I can.  As well, I'm going to combine the two AA3000 videos into one probably tomorrow.  Still going to be 320x240 resolution, but the video size itself will be larger due to the photo of the exhibit plate I will be putting in the beginning.
Hi. Now that would be something. Also the flights from Norway to New York aint that bad. I would come for sure. I would also come to the UK show and to the German show. Including! I would love to visit the Malaga show also.. but its difficult when I will become dad soon.

I have atleast gone to the event in Amsterdam. I see now how much better the other shows are organized. I think the one in Amsterdam kept the show from the Amiga event itself. But most important, I was there. I talked to Petro, RJ and Dave. I got my iBook signed by them ,.. So I am very happy indeed!

Nice to see that the California show went so great!
I love and respect people which care! And not those with
a heart made of stone.

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »
@thread

youtube videographer kickstartrom has posted a few new videos, including a walk through the display area (link) and the closing speechs (link). he's also got some of the banquet speakers in two parts. part one has trevor dickinson and colin proudfoot. part two has bill hart.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:20:14 PM by eliyahu »

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »
Quote from: mbrantley;793267
Here's my first set of photos from the Amiga 30th festivities in California this past glorious weekend....

Totally jelly, here... that would have been so much fun.

Thank you, Dale, for giving me a Robocity poster from the 2nd Annual Developers Conference while everyone was packing up and clearing out of the Computer History Museum. I will get it framed and hang it in a place of honor in my home .... i.e., somewhere close to my Miggies. :)

Oh, yeah.  I hung around to help out as much as I could.  Pretty much everyone who had a display set up was covered in so much as they knew exactly how they wanted it packed and were taking care of that part themselves, but after a while people started winding down so I was able to help with some of the heavy lifting and minutia.  Dale offered me one of the posters and I jumped -- I thought I was gonna pee myself.  All my stuff gets here Friday and the first thing I'm doing is hunting around for a reputable place to get it and a few other posters framed.

That and all of the clothes I hoarded toward the end of the show.  I got two of each thing I could: one to wear and one to put away.  I'm VERY excited as all of my official Amiga and Commodore stuff (including my beloved Q-Link t-shirt) have not aged well.

Quote from: eliyahu;793283
@thread

youtube videographer kickstartrom has posted a few new videos, including a walk through the display area (link) and the closing speechs (link). he's also got some of the banquet speakers in two parts. part one has trevor dickinson and colin proudfoot. part two has bill hart.

FABULOUS! Thanks to kickstartrom, and thanks for the notice.  I'm downloading these now.

God, am I the only one still giddy and riding high (metaphorically speaking) from this weekend?!

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2015, 06:46:05 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;793288
God, am I the only one still giddy and riding high (metaphorically speaking) from this weekend?!

I would be, except I immediately got bombed with work the minute I stepped off the plane.  Story of my life, LOL.  :(

Just noticed you don't have a profile pic.  You should make it the one I took of you with the armloads of clothing!  :idea:

Think I saw somewhere a proposed timeline for an east-coast Amiga show.  You know, the more I think about it the more I think Atlanta, which you mentioned, wouldn't be a bad idea.  Not only because of the international airport, but didn't Atlanta used to have a very large & active user's group back in the day?  Possible to locate any of the old AA members to assist?  Also, if you're looking at a 12-24 month timeline, hey, 2017 will be the 30th anniversary of the A500 and A2000.  You could bill it as a "30th anniversary for the A500", or something?  We could set up a bunch playing classic games, get some A500 devs and former game company folks to speak?  Anyhow, back to work for me now, keep up the good fight, sir!  :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:56:42 PM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
Where is Petro on this meeting?
a1200 060

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 08:36:06 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;793300
Where is Petro on this meeting?
he did not attend.

-- eliyahu

Offline weiju

• Show only replies by weiju
    • http://blog.boxofrats.com
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 02:39:20 AM »
It looks like there was another 30 years event in Malaga, there are a couple of videos of that online where he is holding a speech.

Offline Tenacious

• Show only replies by Tenacious
« Reply #44 from previous page: July 30, 2015, 03:37:02 AM »
Just out of curiousity, prior to this event, was there any kind of Amiga display or mention at the Computer History Museum?

I wonder if there will be after.