Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion/A-EON introduce us to the AmigaOne X1000. A new beginning?  (Read 75019 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

sofar i have seen xmos chips might be used to controll lcd display modules, say large lcd displays could be controlled by clusters of these chips. if there is going to be any easy out of the box solution for achieving something like that using amigaos and this mobo (and maybe hollywood) it might be interesting for me. i see no other advantage atm.

Offline wawrzon

Re: Hyperion/A-EON introduce us to the AmigaOne X1000. A new beginning?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
@dammy: you imply that it was built as a controller unit already? one way or the other it doesnt bother me much, only if it could be of actual use for me like my a4k's and genlock equipped 1k2's were up till now, without thinkering with it too much.
@ samuraicrow: thats just too much detail for me. im just plain an artist.;/ but i have a friend who is able to build lcd displays, alas an ibm_pc freak. maybe i could convince him to use an amiga for my puroposes if this really had some technical advantage. guess here a-eon hardware prople are the only ones who might answer.

i must say at the beginning i thought this new design might be something what most amigans wanted, but now i hesitate again. i just dont see what an average user could get out of that.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 06:12:46 PM »
why, for what i see this thread started may last year and everybody have guessed it for ages, even if it was "officially" disclosed some month ago.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »

In other words, you're faced with redesigning the board for the next generation anyway, in which case it matters a whole lot less if you need to switch to a CPU from another source.

which means this soap will be going forever. not much of issue excep keeping quite a part of community passive in waiting loop. but then they would probably never contribute much to anything else.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
on a polish portal exec.pl a user has been allowed to post fotos of setup he received:
http://www.exec.pl/forum/posts/list/1096.page
so i guess they do deliver now.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
Quote from: Akiko;657403
That case looks pretty good.

i think the case looks rather selfmade, probably mimicking aeon design before it become available. the logo seems to be adhesive foil print lot much alike the photos of prototype case posted on awnet. but i might err.